We stayed at Stonefield in early December 2004 and it was absolutely paradise. We had a one bed villa without a pool (Jacaranda) with the most fantastic views over Petite Piton from the large verandah and a set of private steps to the pool and restaurant at the back. I could not have been more pleased with the place. The service was great, very friendly and relaxed and I was very impressed with the range and standard of the food at the Mango tree restaurant. Our pre-arrival dealings with the hotel went very well, the hotel organised a pick from the airport and having requested a villa with the best view (in that category) I was delighted that the cab driver commented on arrival that he thought Jacaranda was one of the best located. I would highly recommend Stonefield Estate if splendid isolation is what you are after and the one bed villas without a pool are an absolute bargain (we had the main pool to ourselves the whole stay anyway) when you consider the cost of some of the other hotels in the area. After a week we moved up to a four star all inclusive resort in the north of the island to attend a friends wedding and after counting up how much we'd spent at Stonefield, it still came to less per-night than the all inclusive. If all-inc/large resorts are your thing then Stonefield may not cut it, but if I were to return to St Lucia, I would not consider staying anywhere other than Stonefield, its a real caribbean gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere