All reviews mango tree restaurant outdoor shower petit piton private pool our honeymoon st lucia sugar beach homemade jams cell phone full kitchen amazing views ocean view botanical gardens caribbean sea banana pancakes the general manager rented a car
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful gardens and well kept property. Villas need updating, and repairs. Outdoor shower and plunge pool beautiful with panoramic views of the pitons.
Food was good.

This property does not have a beachfront. It has very limited access to sugar bay, you must pay $50 pp to sit on the beach. The area that you can sit, is a small pice of sugar bay and not associated with sugar bay resort. Anse chastened is available but a trip to get there.

The hospitality is not good. They are not proactive or enthusiastic with their guests. It’s quite a trip to souffiere for water activities, but they are very limited. Paddle boarding and other water sports, including sailing are not readily available. If you just want seclusion and limited activity, a beautiful spot.

Since we were familiar with anse chastene we kept asking for reservations there, but they never got back to us. Told us they would try and that was the end of it. We were clear we wanted the evening cruise on carnival not mystic man.

This property does not have yoga. We asked for it, the instructor did not show.

We finally found our own guide who took us around for the day. It was really good, but would have preferred being on the water.

In summation, if you want seclusion and little to no activities but beautiful views and food, it would be a good spot. However, the hospitality is not there. All the staff does their jobs and are polite, but obviously not happy campers.

We were mislead that beaches were readily available.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
AVERIL B, Public Relations Manager at Stonefield Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We wish to express our sincerest thanks to you for choosing Stonefield Villas for your recent vacation. We also appreciate and value the feedback you provided. Having considered some of the comments, we have concluded that Stonefield was perhaps just not a match for you in terms of the type of holiday experience you were seeking. Our brand is definitely not one of a beach-front resort with expansive water sports activity and no where on our website do we make such a claim. Our brand profile is clearly one of escaping the rigours of life in a private villa with private pools and outdoor showers, in a quiet oasis of 26 acres of lush tropical landscape and stunning views.
It is factual that all St Lucia beaches are free, including Sugar Bay beach, which is the beach that is mostly used by our guests. However, if you want to use one the Sugar Bay Hotel beach chairs which they provide for their guests, there is a hotel charge of $50.00 for the use of their chairs. There is also a local company on the beach that also supplies simple chairs for $10.00. Some people choose to just take their own towels and lie on them.
We do not have an in-house Yoga teacher, but we make arrangements with a reliable resource once the guest and instructor mutually agree and confirm the day and time.
We believe that your preference was to be on the water engaging in invigorating water sports activity, and for that reason we do not believe that we were a match for you relative to activities as we are not on a beach.
Stonefield is about disconnecting and re-energising the soul and unplugging from the world. Perhaps in the future, if you should seek this type of experience, you would consider returning to us. We would be honoured to host again should that be the case.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

If you want to get away from it all...this is definitely the spot to go. As soon as we arrived, we just felt like we were off the grid and one with nature. The situation of this property just seems so natural and in tune with the surroundings. Literally nestled along a mountain...with amazing views of the piton from every single spot. As you walk to your cottage (yes all cottages) you realize they are made to fit in the environment as well, and not obstruct your view of nature. You walk into your exterior wall of your cottage area, and now you are inside your own paradise and gardens. The foliage, flowers, trees and vines surround your cottage, and you have your very own pool and deck. You can seriously feel comfortable knowing you are in your own little oasis that is so private....take it off and jump in your pool...with the Piton as your backdrop. Once we were over the shock of our amazing cottage, we entered and were amazed again.
The room is so beautiful and large. Ours had a nice kitchen and sitting area. We had an amazing 4 post bed with mosquito netting (You do need the mosquito netting, but there was not a bunch of bugs...like I feared)...even so, keep your door closed at night to keep them out.
The bathroom is very spacious as well, and the shower is natural....it has walls, but no roof. So you are showing in the outdoors which I thought was really cool. Everything at this resort was just amazing.
FOOD: The restaurant is situated with a view over the ocean and the pitons as the backdrop. The restaurant is perched on a point of the hillside that gives you a great view, and it is outdoors, but every time we ate there it was nice and cool with an ocean breeze. The food was to die for....breakfast lunch and dinner....all of it was great.
KEEP IN MIND - this is the place to relax, read and destress....no TV in the room was nice.
SPA - I did a full body massage and was very impressed with the spa area. The menu was very detailed, and my masseuse was very good. She really had great hands and was one of the better massages I have had in the Caribbean.

Room Tip: I liked Hibiscus because it was a room with no living area...very cozy and the pool and hammock were awesome. Very private layout.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank truthNtravel
AVERIL B, Public Relations Manager at Stonefield Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

We thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and comments. It's so refreshing when our guests report on their Stonefield experience and it completely aligns with brand identity. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to share our hospitality with you and you partner and thank you for sharing your experience with this audience. We definitely hope we have the opportunity to host you both again in the future, and hopefully that will be very soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

I had the pleasure of staying at Stonefield Villa Resort for 2 weeks in August to host a fitness retreat there. It was my first time visiting St Lucia and I cannot wait to go back, I'm so in love with the island and this resort. Their motto is "Escape, Relax and Rejuvenate" and that is EXACTLY what you'll do from the moment you arrive.

VILLAS
The villas are spacious, very clean and boast luxurious outdoor showers and private pools. There's air-conditioning in the bedroom which you'll definitely need at night cause it does get hot. I stayed in Jacaranda and would probably request that same room again when I go back, it had such an amazing view of the sea and Pitons and was right beside the Mango Tree Restaurant.

FOOD
Three words: local, fresh and delicious.
Every meal AND drink that I had here surpassed all my expectations. I consider myself a foodie and was very impressed by the flavours. My fiance came on the trip and he's a vegetarian and the options were plentiful for him. We recommend the veggie burger even if you're a meat eater! It's THAT good! There's also an abundance of mango trees, papayas, avocados, bread fruit and soursop on the property. We'd tip Tekelon to get us fresh coconuts for the water and gelly after our workouts. So damn good!

FITNESS
If staying active on your vacation is important to you like it is for me, you will not be disappointed. There's a studio, yoga deck, full cardio room, weight machines, free weights, kettlebells, weighted bars, steps and the list goes on. And if you're a runner, there's a great trail to the petroglyphs and paved hilly roads on the property too. During my fitness retreat we took advantage of all these things!

STAFF
Stonefield has the best staff! Everyone is so attentive and kind and truly go out of their way to make sure you're enjoying your trip. You're always greeted with a smile and a hello whenever passing anyone working on the resort.

Overall I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Averil B, Public Relations Manager at Stonefield Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Chloe:

Ever so often we get the opportunity to meet and host some incredible guests who leave with us some very precious memories. Your visit fits into this category of guest. It was such a pleasure to host you.
Thank you for your testimony of our brand and for acknowledging what we set out every day to do in contributing to the overall well-being and quality of life to those persons fortunate enough to discover our wellness offerings.
We hope you visit us again very soon and we hope that we left as many precious memories with you, as you left with us.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We travel to St Lucia annually as my husband was born on the island - this was a 'special' trip to celebrate a significant birthday and wedding anniversary. We travelled as a family - our adult children and my sister and her husband visiting for the first time so I wanted them to experience all aspects of this wonderful island. First week at The Landings - upgraded to a fabulous 3 bed villa with 'welcome back' bottle of wine and birthday gift of chocolates. Then on to a 3 bed apartment at the Capella resort in Marigot Bay -fabulous customer service and accommodation. It then went downhill when we arrived for the last few days of our stay at villa Chez Anista at Stonefield. The good - views, scenery, restaurant food and staff, shuttle bus drivers and garden staff..
The bad - received a very cool welcome by the reception staff - no chilled face towels and welcome drink on this occasion- and as previous review first question related to payment of outstanding balance for the accommodation - I must also mention the rate, despite discounted, was double to that of the two previous resorts. We were then informed that due to a late checkout of previous guests there would be a delay in accessing the villa. Not to worry we went for lunch in the restaurant - very good- but on our return to the reception still no access. After a further wait we were finally taken to the villa where maintenance continued including the A/C units. The villa despite being in a fabulous location and having a wonderful pool was a great disappointment. Very worn fixtures and fittings etc.. the kitchen which is described as 'state of the art' on the resort website was in a very poor state - old sink/surrounds,oven old and not working, surrounding floor area very dirty a 'missing dishwasher with no plug in sink so could not wash up. Bathroom of the second double bedroom very old, 4 coat hangers in the master bedroom etc.. etc... My husband who loves to cook had no desire to use the kitchen facilities.The next day we requested that the kitchen area be cleaned which was completed on our return from a day at the beach. We also requested the rooms to be sprayed as we encountered a number of cockroaches in the kitchen and living area. When we enquired about the missing dishwasher the receptionist said she would 'look in it' - a unit was installed the day before our departure but did not work.
On the day of check out I requested a delayed departure of one hour as we had an evening flight - this was declined as new guests checking in that day - which is understandable but no recognition of our late access on day of arrival. As we had a water supply failure that morning we were concerned about access to shower facilities etc.. so spoke to the owner of the resort graciously offered another unit for our use before leaving and a complimentary lunch. This was a very kind gesture and was greatly appreciated. The one bed garden view villa reflected our previous experience - in a very poor state of repair.
The resort owner received our feedback with good grace and acknowledged the issues we had experienced. On my return I took time to read the less favourable reviews and they reflected our experience which is my greatest disappointment as it appears that previous complaints have not been addressed. Management should appreciate that guests do not take pleasure in having to complain but would rather have a stress free enjoyable stay! The resort is located in the most beautiful surroundings and with improved day to day management /investment in the units could be heaven on earth.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Averil B, Public Relations Manager at Stonefield Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Christine,

We take the comments of our guests very seriously and wish to apologise to you and your family for the housekeeping and maintenance failures at the Chez Anista villa during your stay with us. The villa was not ready for check-in at the time of your arrival, due to the late check-out of the previous occupants. Our investigations show that we erred in our attempt not to wear out the patience of your party, who were at the time waiting in the restaurant and were anxious to get access to the villa. We take full responsibility for the circumstances and have had internal discussions leading to the implementation of changes to our operational practices as a result of this situation.

We thank you for choosing Stonefield and appreciate the honest feedback. Additionally, we welcome your acknowledgment of the natural stunning beauty of Stonefield, our restaurant offerings, and our friendly staff.

Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to really prove to you and family that we are heaven on earth.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We booked Stonefield for our honeymoon over Christmas 2017. Late review but plenty of time to reflect on it!! We were really looking forward to this holiday of course, the place looked amazing online and yes it’s an incredible place. The setting is its biggest asset - no doubt!! The villas I felt were very dated. The air con didn’t work well and our room was damp. However the biggest disappointment for me was the service!!!! We arrived at about 9pm a few days before Christmas and all excited to be there. Well the welcome we got was COLD to say the least!!! Our credit card was demanded immediately. No conversation like.....welcome, where have you travelled from, what’s to do and see etc. Nothing! Just card and then shown to villa. We’d been travelling for 15 hours, a friendly face would’ve been really great!!! Our excitement dissipated v quickly!! We asked about entertainment over Christmas and essentially there was no big deal made of it, which we didn’t mind too much. We stayed at the resort for 7 nights (note, v steep walking maybe not suitable for everyone) and throughout that time I noticed the staff, while reasonably friendly, didn’t seem happy in their jobs. There were one or two fantastic exceptions but I got a bad feeling about the place!!! Note that throughout our time there we never saw the general manager!!!! Who was he/she....I never found out! To me, this is not acceptable. There aren’t many villas there, the GM should make themselves known to all guests....either at reception, breakfast etc. I noticed one evening the scheduled entertainment was ‘Cocktails with the Manager’, I thought...how obnoxious!! I’m certainly not paying for a cocktail for the privilege to get to know the manager!!! Hilarious!!! Perhaps this is a reflection on how the place is run and the atmosphere among staff. I loved the Stonefield setting, private pool etc. But honestly....it was our honeymoon, it was Christmas and we were paying a lot of money to be there....if I had my time back I’d go somewhere that was better managed and where we felt welcome.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pixie_ie
Averil B, Public Relations Manager at Stonefield Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hello Pixie,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your comments. First of all, we wish to sincerely apologise for the "cold" reception on arrival and inefficiency of the air-conditioning. This should not have happened. It is not the norm for us, but we do understand that there are failures at times. We are not sure why you never saw the General Manager as she stays on property and is always around.

We also wish to point out that when we invite our guests to our weekly "Cocktails with the Manager" reception there is NO CHARGE, for the cocktails and light bites we serve. This is a long-standing and absolutely free event, so we are somewhat perplexed that you concluded that there was a cost involved "for the privilege to get to know the Manager."

Once again we apologise for the rocky start to your stay, which clearly affected the rest of your stay, particularly because it was your honeymoon. If we could do-over we would and we are confident it would be a different outcome.