Travelled with my husband to Stonefield for the first part of our vacation to St. Lucia May 1st. We stayed in the Ginger Lily villa, and it had perfect views of the Piton, and a lovely pool. It felt like we were in another world. I liked the fact that there were no TV and phone, it felt so peaceful. (Blackberry had perfect reception) The view from Mango Tree is absolutely amazing and the food quite good. The breakfast spreads were so yummy and my husband LOVED the bananna pancakes. For the price compared to Jade Mountain and Anse Chansanet and Ladera, this place is perfect. It is cottage like, but in such a humble beautiful way. The bed was fine ~ not the most soft, but not terrible either. The pillows could be updated however. The only thing negetive about the villa was the fact that the outdoor shower (which was the only shower) did not have hot water. There is hot water in the bathroom basins but not the shower, so washing and lathering my hair was hard. We brought floats for the pool which I would highly recommend. We had reserved a dinner at Dasheene at Ladera but did not go because we felt the views could not be beat from Mango Tree, and I heard the food wasn't much better. (see review of Mango Tree). We had a car so we explored the south of the island everyday. Go to Jalhouse beach, don't bother eating at the beach restaraurant (they will only let non-guest go to the small restaruant area north of the beach and it was VERY EXPENSIVE) quality of food was very poor and for lunch it cost almost $100US for 2 without any alcohol drinks. We rented beach chairs for $20 a piece which we felt was worth it. The snorkeling is good but much better at Anse Chasnanet beach ~ amazing actually. We had no problem with sea lice, jellyfish or any sort of bites/stings and we snorkeled everyday along the southwest coast. Don't be afraid to rent a car, just don't rent from Cool Breeze (old beat-up vechicles with big blue signs in window saying it was from cool breeze) we felt like tourist idiots.
In summary, GO TO STONEFIELD! We loved it, even though we typically like modern, contemporary 5star boutique hotels, this place has a very special feel. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, West Indies, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere