This was the most amazing hotel and worth every penny. Everything about this hotel feels new, clean, and extremely high quality: the linens, bath products, furniture, and rooms. We stayed in a luxury pod and it was absolutely incredible. The bathroom alone is bigger than most NY apartments. The outdoor shower is awesome and the toiletries are generous and smell very good. They even provide an extremely high-powered, nice hair dryer.
I absolutely loved not having a TV. They provided an ipod in the room with 672 songs on it, which were awesome to put on random and listen to while we lounged in the chaise lounge chairs on the deck with drinks and our books, or watched the sunset. The views were absolutely breathtaking. Also, I had no problems with mosquitoes at all. The mosquito netting around the bed was very effective and easy to use.
The restaurant is ridiculously good as well. They give you bread with chocolate butter and a chocolate dipping sauce to start your meal. How can you not love that? The chocolate in the food is understated and high quality so you really don't get tired of it. And the breakfast is the best ever - high quality food and plentiful portions.
My only complaints are:
- the boat was out of service while we were there, and I really wanted to do one of the boat excursions.
- there were mistakes on our bills multiple times. After leaving dinner we had things on our bill that we did not order twice, and at checkout they had charged us for taking things from the mini bar that we did not take. However, after pointing out the mistakes they quickly fixed it. I would just make sure to review your bills.
- I understand it was rainy season while we were there, but it rained a lot, which, in the open floor plans of the lodges, made everything feel wet all the time. Also, the grounds are extremely slippery when wet - many of the stone walkways and the wooden steps leading up to the main restaurant/check in area become dangerously slippery when wet. Considering it is in a rain forest and often wet, this is a potentially dangerous combination.
Overally I absolutely loved this resort and would highly recommend it. It can get a bit expensive, but it's a perfect place to reconnect with your significant other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover plantation chic - luxury, well-being & stunning natural beauty. Situated high in the hills near Soufriere, set in rainforest & cocoa groves with stunning views of the Piton mountains. A daily transfer is provided for guests to a stunning nearby beach by Hotel Sea Launch. Guests can enjoy trail walks around the cocoa estate, cacao inspired treatments in the spa, relaxation in Club Boucan with its private infinity pool & the exclusive cacao cuisine at Boucan Restaurant & Bar, free laundry service, room additions and Tree to Bean tour. Boucan by Hotel Chocolat offer 2 types of accommodation, both with 4 poster beds, preloaded iPods & docking stations, complimentary wireless, a mini-bar & open sky rainforest showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boucan by Hotel Chocolat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boucan By Hotel Chocolat St. Lucia/Soufriere