“Picture Perfect ... Right Down to the Rainbows”

Boucan by Hotel Chocolat
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
“Picture Perfect ... Right Down to the Rainbows”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

All I can say is thank you Phil, Judy and staff for making our wedding a family event that will be cherished for a life time.

The food is exceptional, the resort is one of a kind, and the people treat you like family. I couldn't ask for more. ... Also, I wish I had Cuthbert as my science teacher in school. He has the uncanny ability of making botany and agriculture fun. The tree to bean/bean to bar tours are not to be missed.

If you are planning a trip to St Lucia, do yourself a favor and make the Boucan one of your stops. You won't be disappointed. It's peaceful and serene ... and delicious!!

I intend to make the Boucan my new second home in paradise!! See you soon Phil and Judy. The next gin and tonic is on me. Cheers!!

Stayed February 2014
Judy B, Head of Guest Relations at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
What a recommendation! Sincere thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate to get married on the ridge at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat. The breathtaking views were nothing short of miraculous. The island is a beautiful stunner and this resort was the perfect fit for it.

The lodges are nestled clear into the landscape. They are beautiful, comfortable and so inviting I could have stayed for weeks. If you want something that is private and upscale, this is your place. From chocolate, nuts and delicious cookies left in your room to the gigantic open air rain showers, to huge beds with soft sheets and grand pillows, this place has it all.

The food is incredible and the flavors of subtle cocoa, and bright hints of citrus and light curries will NOT leave you hungry. Many people rave about the food and they are so right. It's perfect. I never got bored as the menu was full of options. In fact, I wanted to try more! The Chocolate Balsamic dipping sauce... to die for. The Pork Tenderloin, maybe the best I've ever had. The Beef Filet, you could cut it with a fork. Oh my! Don't even get me started on the desserts and chocolate daiquiris!!

We had children with us and had booked the entire property for our wedding and they had plenty to do and loved the food. They have a shuttle that runs to a beach very close by, and an entire afternoon was spent snorkeling and swimming in the most beautiful, clean waters you may ever see. The Tree to Bean/Bean to Bar tour was facilitated by the most knowledgeable and passionate man who had an uncanny ability to draw people in and infuse them with his passion. We also did the Tet-Paul Trail which was a highlight. This nature trail will wind you up through exotic plants, fruits and landscapes. You will get such beautiful views of the Pitons, you may never want to leave.

My wedding was a dream come true, my stay at this resort has left an impression on my heart that will last forever. However, I have to say that one main reason for it being so perfect was Phil, Judy and the entire staff. From the moment we arrived there was no detail overlooked or request denied. I have never felt so taken care of and respected, or so much a part of a family on any vacation as I had here with the people of The Boucan. Their customer service and large hearts are exemplary. Nothing here is forced. It all comes from a genuine love and passion for seeing a job well done!

Matthew and I WILL be back. Without a doubt this is the vacation (and wedding!) that exceeded my every expectation. Thank you so very much!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
It was our honour and privilege to host your special day and to meet you friends and family.
Angers
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was a very nice surprise during our trip in Saint Lucia.
We had a cocoa lunch, everything was made of cocoa even the pesto and the butter.
The food was great and different.

The only improvement that could have been made was on the dessert. it was very simple and chocolate could have offered so much more but it will certainly be for the next time we go there...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Much appreciated
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Architecturally beautiful hotel - love that there are a small number of rooms. Everything is pared back, unfussy in style, yet luxurious. I like that it seems to fit into the landscape authentically rather than dominate it like a brash 'resort' would.
Food is amazing and whilst I usually come back from hotels several pounds heavier, the cuisine is light, extremely tasty, you could even say healthy. Especially the breakfasts. We tried dinner at a number of other restaurants / hotels but nothing compared.
The hotel feels generous in that it provides unlimited free bottled water, free laundry (!!), towels and Ren toiletries. Complimentary fizz x 2, rum punch, daily biscuits & chocolate all add to the generous feeling. The showers in the luxe lodges are amazing.
The chocolate estate tour run by Cuthbert, a real character is educational and really enjoyable, you get to plant your own cocoa tree and make your own chocolate. And understand a bit about sustainable, ethical production.
My only negatives are 1) the location - Ladera steals it for the sea view ( but thats the only thing that is better) and b) the pool, which was freezing and didn't look 100% clean. All in all though I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. But hire a car for a few days - taxis end up expensive!

Room Tip: Luxe lodges - worth it for the privacy & veranda.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn D
Generosity is a feeling which makes the welcome genuine. Really appreciate your lovely and insightful review
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Believe all the reviews .
Total quality
The staff were extremely helpful especially Adriana . The staff were the happiest people we came across on the island ...it was so nice to see
Book it !!

Only slight reservation ... you might get over-dosed on taste of chocolate ...yes ladies it is possible

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikeoutandabout
Judy B, Head fo Guest Relations at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
We liked your description 'total quality' but loved 'happiest'. Very kind review, thank you
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I loved this restaurant. I was curious to how the cocoa in every meal concept would work but it worked very well. The food here is unique and the service is 1st class. Our regret is going there only once during our trip.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Choprano
Judy B, Head of Guest Relations at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Many of our diners approach our menu with curiosity to see how the cocoa we grow can be used as a savoury ingredient. I agree with you, it works! Thank you.
Essex
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Being huge fans of the Hotel Chocolat products there was no way we, friend, daughter and myself were going to go to St Lucia and not experience a dinner at this wonderful restaurant so we made a rather long taxi drive and were not disappointed. The drinks and menu are all very imaginative, who would think of white chocolate included in mashed potato! We all enjoyed the choices we made from the menu, my rib eye was particularly delicious. An extensive wine list was on offer but we stuck to the Portugese Hotel Chocolat red which was more than exceptable. The waiting staff were very attentive but not intrusive and it was interesting to have an open kitchen so you could observe the hard working chefs at their business.

After dining here i will certainly be trying the fairly newly opened restaurant in Borough Market when next in London.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Very glad you make the trip to come and dine with us. Looking forward to welcoming you at our restaurant in London's Borough Market soon.