“Delicious Dinner”

Great Room
Ranked #17 of 34 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For the most discerning diners, the Great Room evokes Old World colonial charm while serving up Caribbean-influenced delicacies in candlelit, air-conditioned surroundings. Beautifully presented personalized tasting menus are also available nightly and reflect the cultural influences of Sugar Beach’s expert culinary team. Our St Lucia elegant dining offerings utilize the freshest ingredients, such as succulent seared scallops on a puree of Jerusalem artichoke, tender Kobe beef with a rich red wine jus, and perfectly cooked Mahi-Mahi with green fig mash and tropical salsa. A well-conceived wine list ensures an ideal accompaniment for every course. Cocktail Attire required: Dress shirts, dress T-shirts or dress polo shirts, slacks or dress jeans, cocktail dresses or skirts and similar apparel, closed toe shoes or dress sandals. No shorts, no sneakers or beach flip flops.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We ate here twice during our stay at Sugar Beach. Service was a bit slow, but very professional. All the food was amazing. Prior to receiving our appetizers, we each received a small plate of amuse-bouche that were delicious. The wine list was fairly extensive. The mojitos were wonderful. Portions were a bit small, but we never left feeling hungry.

1  Thank DanKni

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We are staying at Sugar Beach Hotel and so we have eaten at the Great Room on three occasions. It is the restaurant we prefer, out of our two choices here on resort in the evening. The setting is elegant and sitting out on the balconies you can feel like you have stepped back in time. On our first evening eating here, we had a table out on the balcony. I was at first concerned with two things... No air conditioning out there (would I be too hot) and more concerning would I get bitten by Mozzies. Well absolutely no worries. Perfect temperature and breeze and not bitten once. On all three occasions we were given amuse Bouches that were lovely. 3 small canapés and all very tasty. You are then offered a variety of bread (the onion bread was very good). Between us my husband and I have tried as appetisers (starters)... The crab salad (very good), the tomato salad but the best starter of all, in fact the best thing I have eaten over the whole two weeks was the pumpkin soup. (Please do ask to always see the vegetarian menu as this soup was on there not the normal menu) and it was simply the best thing I have eaten on this holiday. For main courses we have had the beef tenderloin (very good), the lamb (very good), the duck (ok) and by far the most delicious, the grouper. With regards to the desserts the mango cheesecake is gorgeous and so is the chocolate capp cake. The champagne cocktails were lovely as was our bottle of wine. My only negative point (and maybe I am just not sociable enough) was we felt we were asked too many times how we were and how are day was. Also the prices are quite high and there was not many choices for anyone on a tighter budget. (Those on a tighter budget would find the prices at the other restaurant (the bayside) a little better. All in all we enjoyed it here and will be eating here again tomorrow night on our last night stay here at Sugar Beach.

2  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The non-casual dress-code already sets the scene. We had a very enjoyable dinner, and have to say it was a beautiful setting, on the terrace of this colonial house with the view of the piton bay. The crab salad was nice, my girlfriends bisque was really tasty. The chorizo encrusted sea bream was not their strongest dish! The scallops and langoustine duo was delicious... Unfortunately the jet lag got the better of us and we couldnt make desert... Definitely romantic!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very enjoyable dinner. The food is as expected for a fine dining restaurant, and the ambiance is lovely.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I lost count but I think it was three times we ate here and enjoyed each occasion.As one of only two restaurants on site it had to be good - and it was! I was, however, grateful we were not on full board or all inclusive for I think we would have become a little jaded with a menu which, by nature, is not long, but always with fresh local foods.The service matched the quality of the kitchen, professional, unhurried and polite with excellent amuse bouche and a fine selection of in house breads. Naturally in a five star hotel it is expensive along with the wines but you get what you pay for and we were more than satisfied on all three visits and the view from the terrace was exactly what you would have expected in an old sugar plantation, resplendent with mature foliage and, of course, that incredible view. That,sir, is what you pay for!