An excellent way to spend a morning (despite the arduous drive from Rodney Bay). Broadly speaking the programme is as follows:
1. Introduction to coco beans - turns out there are a lot of different tree varieties
2. Information about how it is is best grown, the use of other plants to aid production and the problem of rats
3. Harvesting some coco (hands on) - either manually of using the relevant tool
4. The process of getting the beans ready for production - you can see, smell and taste
5. Grafting (hands on) - explanation of the process then have a go
6. Chocolate making (hands on)
Hopefully this gives a good idea of what happens but what I cannot get across is how knowledgable and engaging Cuthbert is as a guide - he lives and breaths chocolate and the planation. Is energy and passion is infections. Highly recommended.
At the time of writing the tour is available on a Thursday or Friday and non-hotel residents are welcome although they do pay a little more.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.