“You Pay a Lot for Very Little”

Orlando's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Soufriere
Price range: US$45 - US$100
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Orlando's is a unique restaurant in Sorfriere. Our concept is to showcase local ingredients with an international presentation. Also to support our local farmers and vendors to maintain a standard of farm to table concept which is called Share The Love (STL). Reservations Preffered. --- We are open for lunch by reservation if you have a party of 6 or more. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays but if you have a party of 6 or more we are prepared to open for you.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

My husband and I read the reviews and thought Orlando's would be a good place to stop for dessert. The waitress was friendly, but the restaurant was rather empty. We ordered both desserts (only two were offered). The chocolate mousse arrived in something that looked like an elongated glass thimble for $7. The other dessert came in a tiny custard cup. I figure we got a few bites of each at more than $1 per bite.
We watched another couple receive the same dessert and their faces said it all!
This place overcharges customers in order to stay in business. We can't recommend and didn't return for dinner. Go to Boucan for some real dessert.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Not sure if anything lease on offer, but when we went there was only a set menu of 5 courses, it was lovely but a bit expensive, service excellent also

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I have traveled in many countries and tries many restaurants and I think this is the worst food experience I have ever had, given the price of the menus.

I decided to go to Orlando's with my wife, based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Menus are 70USD without the drinks. This is already expensive but the worst is that it does not include taxes (+ 20%). prepare to pay close to 100 USD per person for something that is not worth more than 5 USD

The service is fine, as much as any other restaurant in town.

The food is a series of tasteless dishes served in very small portions. A piece of fried fish in a fruit salad; a small chicken wing with a few salad leaves, a soup fish ...

Why do I call it a scam ? Because the way these dishes are presented and the marketing around it aim at making you think this is a " Grand Restaurant" but the quality of the food is below mediocre.

2  Thank Sébastien L
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We went to all the best restaurants in the Soufrière area (Viceroy’s Great Room, Boucan, Ladera, Jade, Emeralds, etc) and this was our winner. Orlando shares the love of his cuisine with guests. He uses the freshest ingredients to make innovative and exquisite dishes. He is an artist in mixing flavors and tastes.
Try his desserts!
Great value too!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We decided to stop for dinner at Orlandos last night after climbing Gros Ption and spending a couple of hours at Anse L'Ivrogne. It was spectacular!

There were 2 pre fixe menus and my partner and I had one of each. Everything, from the bread rolls that were warm accompanied by Orlando's secret recipe spread to the appetizers and the entrees were excellent. Orlando himself made the effort of going to every table to make sure everyone was happy with their meal which I thought was such a great personal touch. The servers were extremely professional and attentive too.

The only thing I would recommend is to have a a non alcoholic dessert in the pre fixe menu.

We have been in St Lucia for more than 2 weeks now and dining out is not cheap, and we are from New York. Orlandos is not the exception but at least you feel like you are getting your moneys worth here.