We spent five nights in the Hillside Guava this June for our wedding, and it was an experience we will surely never forget. We began planning our wedding with Fond Doux last year, and were amazed with the personalized and timely responses we received from their staff. Indira was amazing in helping us plan out and organize all of the little details for our wedding and in assuring us that everything would go smoothly. We always received an email response from their staff immediately after we contacted them for any reason--usually within 24 hours, and many times within only a couple of hours.
Upon arrival, we were astounded with the beauty of the plantation--the tropical flowers and plants, the fruits, nuts, and spices, and of course the cocoa making process. The staff members were all extremely friendly and fun to get to know. Our food was always excellent. We had around 15 guests at our wedding, all of whom stayed at Fond Doux. Everyone was more than pleased with the beautiful plantation, the staff, the food, and the wedding.
Everything was planned out and followed through perfectly for our wedding, and in fact, it turned out a lot more beautiful then we could have ever imagined. Donny, the general manager, did a fantastic job in assuring everything was perfect. Our wedding was held on the Hummingbird Beach and the setup was breathtaking. A gorgeous arch of tropical flowers, beautifully decorated and arranged seating, amazing floral arrangements down the aisle, and breathtaking bouquets. The setup for our dinner back at the plantation was perfect as well. The bands that were hired were simply perfect, the dinner was delicious, and the atmosphere was so fun. The staff were dancing with us late into the night, as well as the owners--Eroline and Lyton! The owners made a point of meeting and greeting everyone in our group, and they were simply wonderful people. It was a pleasure getting to know everyone at the plantation and getting to experience such an amazing, peaceful hideaway in St. Lucia.
Our only complaint is that we had to leave St. Lucia, and that we will miss the staff and the plantation and the fun that was had during our time at Fond Doux. Thanks so much for such a wonderful experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere