“Great stay in a beautifully run hotel”

Fond Doux Plantation & Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
GreenLeadersGold level
England
“Great stay in a beautifully run hotel”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and two sons (ages 3 and 5) had an amazing stay here. We could not have been made to feel more welcome and the boys and we had lovely days going for walks and enjoying the adventure of being in the rain forest. Whilst we were there, our son was quite ill and the hotel staff and owner were all so lovely - finding him fresh coconut to drink from and calling in even on one staff member's day off, to check he was ok. Within 10 minutes everyone knew our kids names and were taking them off to make hot chocolate with fresh chocolate, knew which child loved mango and which preferred coconuts etc. Since we have had kids we have been staying in big resorts for the past few years and I had forgotten how nice it is to be genuinely welcomed somewhere. We left very sad to go and with my son ecstatic with his bag of mangos the owner gave him. It was a great adventure and we genuinely hope to return very soon.

It is a bit rustic type accomodation, which is part of the charm - big terrace with matching rockers was perfect. It could be made a bit more stylish by painting the insides of the huts, getting rid of a lot of the wicker lounge furniture and floral prints and also using some really good quality bed linen. I would probably lose the bit dated kitchen units in the cottages also - much nicer and more atmosphere for everyone to come to the restaurant. The pools also need some updating and could be made safer for young children.

But - I wouldn't let any of that be of any concern and if it is, then you're missing the point of the place. It's a wonderful place, beautifully run, which is a great adventure and welcoming to families (even though its geared towards couples and very peaceful, I didn't feel like my hectic kids were a problem once - and I don't think they bothered other people there) and definitely worth visiting. It's also a lovely option to combine with a resort on the beach.

Room Tip: We were in Avocado. Was great - short walk from the restaurant and quite isolated and great terrace...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HollersB
Fonddoux, Owner at Fond Doux Plantation & Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
We are happy you made Fond Doux Holiday Plantation your preferred choice for an ideal Holiday.
Our spectacular and secluded location leads to a truly intimate and cozy ambience. We are extremely pleased that your son had a speedy recovery. Doctors recommend Coconut water for medicinal purposes as it is a Super- Hydrating, potassium packed energy drink. It is gratifying to learn that he enjoyed drinking our refreshing revitalizing beverage. As owners of this property we are always concerned about the wellbeing of our guests and we have made it our priority to look after the needs of each and every guest while vacationing on our beautiful Island of St. Lucia.
We are in the process of refurnishing our cottages and hopefully on your return visit you might fall in love with our new décor.
Your comments and Business have been greatly appreciated.
On behalf of the entire team we welcome your return.

Best Regards
Eroline & Lyton Lamontagne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
st.lucia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was an experience unlike any other. The very layout of this resort sets it apart from all others, the lush vegetation, the tranquil setting and the unique cottage set up allows for maximum peaceful relaxation. All lends to an opportunity to truly unwind and to return to the coolness, calm and peace found in nature. Added to this, is the remarkable and noted friendly nature of every member of staff dealt with. They all assisted in their various capacities to ensure that my stay was a wonderful one. I would recommend this resort to anyone desirous of a romantic getaway

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
“Thank you for your wonderful experience”
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent visit at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation.
We are overwhelmed to know that you had an incredible experience.
Fond Doux is truly a place to unwind, relax, to find your inner peace with nature, to set free, to forget about your worries and troubles tainting the outside world.
Our sweet valley is really a place like no other-“A little piece of Paradise”.
We value such feedback and we will share such kind words to our Team and hope to welcome you back soon.
Thank you for your continued support of our beautiful resort.

Best Regrds,
boston
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This surreal setting seemed like a great destination for a girlfriend getaway. a friend and myself were looking for some stress-free space, and boy did we find it. This great place had all the qualities we were looking for. It was luxurious, relaxing, a great experience. The great hospitality of the staff made us feel right at home. The surrounding landscape perfected the experience. i was overcome with a sense of serenity which i very much needed. And folks, the pictures are no gimmick, it is actually that beautiful! I absolutely loved my stay. From the great food, the amazing staff, the beautiful views, to the great rooms, i am still in awe. I'm telling you its like a scene from a movie. Hated when i had to leave, but i will definitely be back. I've recommended this place to all my friends. It would be a shame to keep this place a secret

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Fonddoux, Owner at Fond Doux Plantation & Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2012

We truly appreciate the posting of your recent holiday experience at our Plantation Paradise.

The quality of your warm, amazing, heartfelt review is truly rewarding for all of us at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation.

This clearly shows that you have captured the true beauty of our Tropical Garden of Eden.

We look forward to welcoming you back to another amazing experience in Paradise.

Best Regards,
San Antonio, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting Fond Doux for our first wedding anniversary, and I must say that is was a vacation that I will never forget. The staff were so welcoming and pleasant, and did everything with a smile. From the beautfiful foilage to the tropical waterfall, the view is just simply AMAZING! The rooming and dining experience were magnificent, the food was deletable, and the room was so neat and pretty like it was fresh off of a painting. My husband and I both recommend the Fond Doux to all the couples who are looking for a romatic place to vacation. We will definately be returning there to vacation there again!

Room Tip: All the cottages are beautiful and amazing equally
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
’Thank you for a wonderful review’’

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience following your recent stay at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation.

We are happy that chose our tropical Garden of Eden to celebrate your first wedding anniversary.

We are so elated that you enjoyed our authentic accommodations, fantastic cuisine, rainforest atmosphere, our friendly and courteous staff.

Our culinary team works very hard to create exceptional dining experiences and we are pleased that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for your second wedding anniversary.

Best Regards

Eroline and Lyton Lamontagne
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect at Fond Doux when my friend first referred me but I'm so glad he did. What an experience! My wife and I needed a get-away and decided St. Lucia would be the perfect place to have a romantic Caribbean weekend. A great view from our cottage window every morning. Breakfast was good and we loved the private pool. We lucked out with the amazing weather. At night the sun sets so beautifully on the property and creates such a relaxing atmosphere. It broke our hearts to leave but we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Cottages are great
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Fonddoux, Manager at Fond Doux Plantation & Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR POSITIVE COMMENTS

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience following your recent stay at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation.

I am delighted that you were happy with your decision to vacation with us and that our team worked so diligently to ensure you had the best possible holiday experience.

Stating that this was one of your most amazing vacation is exceptionally gratifying when it is apparent that you are planning a return visit.

We are thankful that we had the opportunity to share this experience with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fond Doux and another authentic St. Lucian experience. Thank you once again for your support.
Bristol
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Fond Doux Holiday Plantation is unlike any other hotel in St.Lucia as it really is a plantation. The buildings, structures, and design assimilates into the natural environment giving you that real 'i'm out in the forest' effect. The Cottages are carefully fit into the the lush garden and forest environment to encompass that effect. It is a natural lovers heaven! The birds are what really amazed me as they would come close enough a distance to the guests almost as if to say hello, Not to mention they would love you if you fed them. They were quite friendly. The species are found in real St.Lucian forests.

The staff were extremely friendly as is the custom with the people of Soufriere. I felt very welcomed to the establishment. The Food at the restaurant was delicious. I enjoyed the seafood menu and I would suggest to anyone to try the catch of the day.I had the 'Mahi Mahi' and I would never regret it.

The Cottages are comfortable and to a modern amenity standard and the natural setting creates a wonderful place to sleep undisturbed with fresh uncontaminated air. Ask about the plantation tour while you are there, it was very educational.

The swimming pool and Spa will deal with your other needs when you get tired of eating and Drinking caribbean rum punch. I would certainly come back here this year!

A Sincere Thank You !!!

We truly appreciate the posting of your recent experience at our Plantation Paradise. Fond Doux is indeed a unique St. Lucian Gem.

We engage in true eco building and natural preservation. All our cottages has their own individual style and features.

Our Chefs uses the freshest ingredients from the gardens to execute mouthwatering dishes. We are so delighted that you enjoy our local Mahi Mahi.

The birds are indeed charming and friendly. They make you feel one step closer to nature.

Knowing that you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves is the best reinforcement our staff could ever hope .

The plantation tour is educational, informative and historical.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to your return visit.
San Fernando
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My fiancé and I recently returned from our first, but definitely not our last holiday on the wonderful island of St. Lucia! Terrific scenery, friendly people and just the place to go for a laid back relaxing holiday. The best part: you don't have to take out a bank loan to pay for your holiday!! As mentioned in my title, the view is simply breathtaking..it seemed as though it was taken right off one of those vacation cards.
The staff were also truly helpful and assisted us with finding our way around the island and locating all the tourist spots. Their knowledge of the island and their ability to arrange almost anything made this truly a relaxing holiday.

1 Thank Kyloss B
“Picturesque” Review Most Appreciated

We are pleased to know that our sweet St. Lucia and Fond Doux made your vacation worth the visit. Terrific scenery, friendly people….that’s the true beauty of our secluded Garden of Eden.

Our lush Tropical environment provides a complete relaxing atmosphere to help rejuvenate your mind and spirit.

We are delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. On Behalf of the entire team at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation, we would like to say thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
Ladera Resort
Ladera Resort
#2 of 11 in Soufriere
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina

Been to Fond Doux Plantation & Resort? Share your experiences!