Fond Doux is on a cocoa plantation in the middle of the rain forest. It is beautiful & the owner told us all the cottages there were former houses that were going to be replaced by something more modern. He buys them, brings them to his property & rebuilds them. He said he was trying to make a museum of old houses. The staff was very friendly & helpful, dinners were amazing. The walking trails there were good & one has an amazing view of the ocean & Petit Piton. The property is quiet & a great place to relax. Aside from one other couple, we had the place to ourselves the whole trip. From our cottage, we could hardly see any of the nearby cottages through all the lush flora. Very private and very clean. You are in the middle of the rain forest, so there are insects and lizards. They didn't bother us, just made us feel closer to nature.
The plantation is about a 10 minute drive from Jalousie Beach, but they will call their driver to take you & pick you up for free. The only stipulation is you have to go by a certain time in the morning and be picked up by a certain time in the afternoon. It seemed like the times changed daily depending on who we asked, one day it was 9:30, one day 10, then 10:30. Jalousie is beautiful, but bring beach towels if you don't want to pay $20/day per lounge chair. We went to Anse Chastanet also because we heard snorkeling was better there, although I thought both places offered great snorkeling. I recommend taking a water taxi at some point, because the view of the island from the water is amazing.
We hope to return to St Lucia, and wouldn't consider staying anywhere other than the Fond Doux!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere