Just returned from staying at Fond Doux. Lovely plantation. The cottage was spacious with a kitchen and a lovely porch with a view of the nearby trees, birds, geckos, and nearby mountains. The plantation is a great way to see the types of plants that grow on the island. I would walk the paths and return to the cottage with armfuls of fruit that I picked.
The owners are very proud of the plantation and make sure guests are happy. Everyone on staff was helpful and friendly. We had a great time chatting with all of them.
The food is delicious and reasonably priced. The Sous Kaye appetizer, mango salad, fish sandwich, and rum punches stood out, but everything else was good too.
The shuttle goes to Jalousie beach, which is OK, but not my taste. Jalousie resort is very uppity and the water in that bay is a little silty. I would opt next time to rent a car and go to other beaches instead. The pool at Fond Doux is quiet and relaxing, so we sat there and read a few afternoons.
We also took "tours" with a couple of the young men who work at Fond Doux. These were truly wonderful. The tour of the plantation helps you learn the tress and flowers. Then, we hiked up the hill to a great view of Petite Piton and ate mangoes fresh from a tree. We also did an entire day hike through Countryside and Fond St. Jacques and the rainforest, which is not to be missed. Nothing like standing under a waterfall to cool off. We stopped at a few farms and spoke to the owners, stopped in a small shop and sampled the local spiced rum (yum!) and met our guides' relatives. An incredible day.
I will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere