My fiance and I returned today from a 4-day stay at Fond Doux. As with other recent posts we used the Living Social deal as a way to come to the island and research locations for our destination wedding next year.
The staff at Fond Doux were all extremely warm and welcoming, a great start to the vacation. We stayed in the Banana Tree cottage--the plantation view from the balcony was great. Even though we were on the all inclusive plan we enjoyed the fact that there was a coffee pot and packs of instant coffee which we could enjoy on the balcony before breakfast at 7:30. As I read in another post, this cottage does have an ant problem. It was minimal at first and not out of the ordinary seeing as how you are in the middle of the rainforest. By the end of the stay the ants had pretty much overtaken the place so just a note of caution.
The location of the estate itself is great and having rented a car it was an easy drive to the beach, town, and other resorts.
Sunday they offered a sit down breakfast with the rest of the days being a buffet. Options varied but always included a spread of delicious fresh fruits, my favorite. Lunch and dinner weren't necessarily my favorite, and we ended up doing our own thing for lunches the last three days we were there.
Wireless internet was restricted to outside of the reception office, but is available. Apparently it's normally offered up in the lounge area by the pool but it was down while we were there.
Overall an enjoyable experience for our first trip to the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere