From the moment we were picked up at the airport by Happiness, our helpful and friendly driver, we knew we were in for a wonderful vacation. We were treated to a cold beverage and a mini-tour of the island, before arriving at Fond Doux. Upon our arrival, we were whisked away to the restaurant and handed a rum punch while our bags were taken to our room. We relaxed and watched the hummingbirds dart around the trees as we fully sunk into our vacation.
We stayed at Coconut Hill cottage, which is a bit of a climb but totally worth the view and the privacy. The photos don't do it justice. It was spacious, clean, had unique decor and a great porch.
The rest of our stay completely exceeded our expectations. We spent four nights there and we probably could have been totally happy to hang out there the entire time. There are nature trails for both leisurely strolls and more intense hikes. There's a gorgeous three-tiered pool, a really cute spa, and a chance to tour the plantation, which is a working cocoa farm.
The restaurant serves different dishes every night and we loved everything on the menu. Much of the food was made with ingredients cultivated on the property. The restaurant was cozy and romantic with beautiful lighting, and had a great band and a barbeque on Saturday night. We loved sitting there and at the bar chit-chatting with the other guests and enjoying the environs.
If you want to venture out, Katrina is really helpful in organizing activities. There's a free shuttle to a beautiful beach nearby, or you can arrange transportation to other beaches, into the nearby Soufriere, to the volcano, or any number of other destinations. Nothing is a problem!
We booked our trip through LivingSocial and were more than pleased with the value of our trip. We can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere