My husband and I just went to Fond Doux for a six night stay and had an amazing time! We were a little worried because mid May is verging on the rainy season, but we had no problems at all. If anything it was better because there were not a ton of tourists and we got a couple of mid day rain bursts that cooled us down and lasted no longer than twenty minutes. Anyways the estate was fantastic. From the point of arrival we were greeted with a the tasty, local rum punch and taken to our cottage. I literally let out a yelp of excitement when we walked in to this amazing jungle cottage----it was so much more than I expected. First off it was HUGE. The bed was the most glorious that I have ever slept in, king size with four posters and light white fabric hanging down from the tops of them, talk about romantic. The room had all the necessary amenities and open windows everywhere to take in the jungle noise and breeze. On our huge front balcony/porch we had two big comfy chairs and a hammock and the view was just surrounding jungle with papaya and banana trees, hummingbirds flying about, and mountains and palm trees in the background. There were some cool trails you could hike around and plenty of friendly staff who were willing to answer any and all of my questions about St. Lucia history and flora and fauna. One day we hiked a mere 20 min to watch the sunset from the mountain top and it was glorious. There are three quaint pools that are surrounded by jungle as well and when we weren't at the beach we loved hanging here. The beach is a short drive on the free shuttle and sooooo gorgeous with white sand and a fancy cocktail beach bar. And the snorkeling here is incredible----we saw so many fish including a few varieties of parrotfish, eels, a sea snake, sea urchins, crabs, flounders, and on an on. Lastly, I was so pleasantly surprise with our all inclusive package which usually means crappy buffets and watered down drinks. Not here. For dinner there was a seasonally rotating three course meal with options for you to chose from for each course----all fantastic----and the drinks were as strong or light as you wanted them. The staff was incredibly sweet and helpful, the bartender gave us a rum tasting the first day when we showed interest and the own took my husband around town showing him the local spots. All and all I would recommend this to everyone and anyone, really no complaints!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere