met up with a friend from the u.k. to spend a week in the avocado cottage (2 br/ 2 ba) - the cottage provided perfect accommodation - plenty of space and very comfortable. initial concerns re: no air conditioning proved to be (thankfully) no problem. we loved the front porch with its rocking chairs and daily a.m. visit from a plantation cat. we opted to have only our breakfasts included and took advantage of the on site restaurant (cacao) and other nearby dining options for both lunch and dinner. food at cacao was varied and tastily prepared. service was just right - both slow and attentive, Caribbean style. staff made an effort to get to know our names and preferences which was very nice. the grounds are fabulous. the resort is small, but very lush, and we often felt as if we had the place to ourselves as we could not see any other cottages from ours. our package included a few local excursions which were well planned and lots of fun -- a couple of short hikes, zip lining and snorkeling. if there was a negative at all, it was related to the lack of transparency regarding various transportation charges and some confusion with the bill at check out (charges had been incurred in the local currency and then converted to u.s. dollars and then back to local currency), but in the end it all worked out just fine. I would recommend the resort for singles, couples, families -- it's a great place for a relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere