Fond Doux is a wonderful resort and we are so glad we went there for our first visit to St. Lucia. We booked the shuttle to pick us up at the airport and were met by Happiness - a true example of how friendly the St Luican people are, he even had Piton beer in the car for us. He provided a sight seeing trip back to the resort, highlighting many beautiful places. Once we arrived we were met by Katrina who welcomed us to this beautiful resort, had our bags delivered to our cottage while she showed us around. We had a welcome Rum Punch - best we've had.
The owners, Mr & Mrs Lamontagne were also there and were always out and about talking to the guests-for the entire week, very hands on and made everyone feel special. Katrina is a world wind - booking trips that you want to take, reminding you of the day and time of each, always available making sure you are happy and not in need of anything. Ask and you received whatever you requested.
Howard and I stayed in the Cinnamon cottage - what a wonderful cottage - very clean, airy and right in the middle of the rain forest. Fresh fruit in room, coffee, tea and a refrig. Our friend stayed next door and you wouldn't even know there was another cottage anywhere close, the foliage was just so lush.
We had the all-inclusive and everything, from each meal to the drinks were top shelf. We didn't lack for anything. Every staff member was super friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were happy.
We did a trip to Tet Paul Nature trail, the drive in volcano, Piton Falls - Happiness was our driver and he made the trip very special by explaining were we were and giving tips, little known
facts about the area.
This was a vacation that we all enjoyed and for my husband to say he wants to return is a big endorsment as he is usually onto the next new adventure.
Thank you to all the wonderful people who made our trip so special. We'll be back!!
Howard & Audrey Waillant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere