Me, my husband Giulio and our 2 years old son Alessandro spent our Christmas Holidays in Santa Lucia at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation. This is a really unique and great place where to stay!
The Resort is in a Cacao Plantation and all the rooms are indipendent, characteristics and very romantic cottages within the plantation. Each room is unique (ours was African Tulip and I recommend it). If there is availability, try to book Angelina's Villa.
The staff is extremely kind, efficient and helpful. They are ready to help you at any time for any request (our baby broke his arm during the holiday and a person from the Staff took us to the Hospital and remained with us all the time we spent in the Hospital helping us for any issue).
The food at the Restaurant is delicious and breakfast is different every day and made up by fresh products coming form the plantation.
The swimming pool is beautiful: they are actually 3 communicating swimming pools built in the rock on 3 different floors and from there you can have an amazing view on the plantation and on the valley.
The location is great: 5 minutes car from the best beaches (Sugar Bay and Anse Chastanet) and 5 minutes car form Soufrier (a small town where you can find shops, restaurants and supermarkets).
I recommend to book a guided tour of the plantation. We did it and we enjoyed it a lot!
So, I really recommend Fond Doux Plantation and I want to thank again the owners Eroline and Lyton Lamontagne and all the Staff for all they did to make our stay memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere