We spent one night at the amazing Fond Doux Holiday Plantation. This property is very special as not only is it beautiful, but a wonderful learning experience about plantation history, St. Lucian cuisine and customs and hospitality. The little open-air cottages are stunning - we stayed in the Coconut Hilltop Cottage. There are a number of stairs leading to the hilltop cottages - I'd reserve a lower cottage if you have difficulty navigating stairs. We had an amazing dinner at their restaurant and would have certainly gone back if we had stayed another night.
Definitely take them up on their tour of the plantation. Our guide Phillip was wonderful and took us on a tour of the plantation and then onto the Tet Paul Trail which was a definite trip highlight! The views of the Pitons on Tet Paul are spectacular!
This hotel does't offer views onto the ocean or mountains but is all the same unique and wonderful and we'd go back in an instant if we could!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere