We just come back from from 7 days at Fond Doux and it will be a vacation to remember. The cottage we stayed in was the Avacado. It was hidden in the middle of the forest and we did not see or hear anyone except the tree frogs, birds and crickets. i did make a special request to have groceries delivered so my kids and i could stay in our kitchen for some dinners and we received excellent service. The staff and owners go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home. Excellent excursions were offered at very affordable rates. Breakfast was included with our cottage and we had the treat of every day eating by beautiful surrounding outdoors with helpful breakfast staff enjoying local breads, fruit, eggs. The shuttle service to the local beaches worked out well. The drivers provided lots of information as they drove you. Sugar Beach is the prefered location the shuttles brought you a short 10 min drive.
We went to the beach most days as the pools on the property are attactive with a stunning view of the valley but small. Not really for swiming... more for a quick plunge.
The plantation itself is very interesting with all the variety of plants and items grown on the property. I do suggest you take the plantation tour.
The Avacado cottage had constant breeze with the great design of the fret work screens. No matter what room you were in there was a great sight line of the forrest that surrounded you. we did have bug nets over the beds, but we did not see more then 6 bugs all week.
If we returned to St Lucia we would definately stay at Fond Doux again.
Thanks for a great memory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere