“Jade Mountain...Heaven on Earth!”

Jade Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“Jade Mountain...Heaven on Earth!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my second time to Jade Mountain and I will absolutely be back again! After a short helicopter ride to the resort from the airport (which was a great way to start our holiday!) we were greeted by friendly faces welcoming us & brought directly to our gorgeous sanctuary. As I mentioned, this was my second time to Jade and I was still in awe over the beautiful sanctuary and incredible views! The architecture of Jade Mountain is so incredible and unique.

We loved dining at the Jade Mountain Club but also tried all of the restaurants at Anse Chastanet - they are all fantastic...food & service were incredible.

Jade is the perfect setting for a relaxing holiday but if you need some activity, there are lots of options right at the resort. The snorkeling is incredible at Jade - within seconds, you are looking at an array of interesting fish. We also enjoyed a bike tour with 'Bike Tyson' - it was great to get some exercise and learn a few things about St.Lucia and the area along the way.

Lastly - the staff at Jade are so wonderful. I have never been to a resort where 'everyone' is so pleasant, friendly and happy to assist in any way they can. I often find at other resorts, you run into some friendly and helpful staff but at Jade, everyone is fantastic - everyone is genuinely happy and delighted to assist you.

I cannot say enough about Jade - absolute paradise! I will definitely go back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LEJD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
london
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We only stayed one night as we wanted to get a sense of the place vs AC and Sugar Beach (see my other review/s) ...

The view of the Piton was great, the overall welcome and Butler was also very good. I'd say the interior was a bit dated and tired, but we had the cheapest room and if the whole experience had been great, then it wouldn't have mattered.

But we are talking top drawer here so our dinner experience just shouldn't be possible. We had a poor quality and over-cooked steak which, okay, can happen anywhere, but the rest of the food was hardly brilliant either. How it was handled was terrible. The main problem was that we could not get a restaurant booking before 9 and then we were left as the only table by 11 with two churlish and clearly anxious-to-leave waiters (seriously, at this price!?) and no management anywhere When I mentioned all this to the duty manager the next day) , she said she was in the resort (again, seriously!) - and should have been called.

The staff did try hard to resolve the whole issue, but all they seemed to have a standard offer of " a spa-treatment ". Breakfast by the way was also uninspiring - certainly compared to SB - , but we stuck with our accumulated 3 massages having only managed one of them. To be fair though, at this point we had spiralled out of love with the place and there wasn't much that could save it.

If this was a "normal" high-end hotel, I would have given 3 stars, but it's not and nor does it purport to be. I couldn't absolutely say don't go there, but it was disappointing for us, and I hope all others get the better experience they pay for and expect.

Room Tip: Although we were on a budget - I'd pay to get a room with a pool. Decor looked better from the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
23 Thank lost&found
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Jade Mountain was definitely a disappointment.
After arriving in St Lucia my partner and I were transferred by taxi to our first of two hotels in which we were staying, Ladera. I was in awe of the view from the very beginning of our experience at this hotel, the room was incredible with a pool and swing overlooking the pitons with sun over the heated pool from morning until sunset. In comparison, my arrival to Jade Mountain four days later was a bumpy one. I then had to sit waiting for my room, which I got over as Jade Mountain was the much anticipated grand finale to our trip, as it should be with that price. But once shown to our Star Sanctuary room 3 hours later I was more than disappointed. A cold pool in a room which has no sun and I have to stretch to see the pitons. I have a forest view. I imagined waking up stretching in bed and seeing the Pitons as I did in Ladera, this is not the case here in Jade Mountain. What a massive disappointment. I do not mind paying for quality but as far as Jade Mountain is concerned I wish I'd saved my money and stayed in the beautiful room in Ladera where I could chill and get a tan and stay in my heated pool romantically watching sunset just my partner and I. Instead I am in the shade in a cold pool stretching to see the pitons, with no chance of viewing sunset.
The internet connection is very poor so if like myself you need it for work you have major issues. There was a definite mosquito issue in our room as I have been in the Caribbean for two weeks and have not been bit once until my first night in Jade Mountain, my partner and I are suffering from multiple bites from one night! Why is this issue not dealt with during the turn down service? Management offered me a free upgrade the following day to try to rectify our inconveniences, however they proceeded to show us the same grade of room lying that they were the upgrade. I understand the hotel is busy but this was just unnecessary.
Therefore, my final recommendation would be to stay in Ladera, upgrade to a better room and still save the money of a standard room in Jade Mountain, which I imagine is even worse. Perhaps come to Jade Mountain for some drinks at sunset but avoid eating here, go elsewhere perhaps Orlando's or Ladera as the food along with everything else about Jade Mountain is completely underwhelming, we ate 4 courses hoping it was just our bad choice but between us we consumed 8 dishes non of which lived up to the standard of the Ladera restaurant or Orlando's.
I am not saying that this is a bad hotel, far from it the hotel is clean and well staffed with plenty of friendly, helpful people. It is a nice hotel. But for the price I was just expecting more, I feel there are better hotels for the money. I do wish I had stayed the entirety of my holiday in St Lucia in the Ladera hotel and avoided ending my holiday with the disappointments of Jade Mountain.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
15 Thank MARK k k
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014

this hotel is breathtaking
if you want to have lovely romantic time this is the best place
Hotel is very private and you feel totaly remote from people and more connected with nature
food is also excelet with a hi standard cousine

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Olavi2020
Thornbury, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our stay at this top ranked resort exceeded our expectations. Our Sun level sanctuary with Earl our 24/7 butler service was unbelievable. The open air view of the Pitons and the Caribbean from the infinity pool was spectacular. The open dining room with the setting sun has to be experienced to be believed, Food and service was excellent with one of the best eggs benedict with crispy capers that I have ever had. The readily available shuttle to and from the Anse beach provided access to the many activities from snorkeling, scuba, sailing, walking and shopping tours, sailing, mountain biking, etc
Worth every penny, wouldn't hesitate to come back.

Room Tip: Be sure to select a sanctuary with a pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank DJC108
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Jade Mountain is extraordinary. No other place like it in the world! If you want luxury this is your place. The views are unreal and the service is impeccable. You feel like you own the whole island. There is not one bad thing to say about this place, it's truly magical and well worth the money. Make sure you go on the sail boat for a sunset cruise during your stay, it was one of the highlights of our trip. Scuba was great also. If any of the reviews on here have complaints than those people are just out of their minds! If you want peace and tranquility look no further! GO HERE!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Mere86
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It is poshy. It has great view. It is great R&R if that's what you are looking for. However, there are a lot of cons to this beautiful resort: 1. it is rather in the middle of nowhere which I trust it must be due to the scenic location but if you are going there for a weekend, then you will not have the time to go anywhere else, 2. the service is satisfactory but could be better for the price and class, 3. as for food, please see 2. above, 4. i love the open concept but good luck sleeping as birds will wake up at the wee hours of the morning and feast on any food in your room, 5. if you are elderly or out of shape, then reconsider the stairs and hills, 6. make sure that you bring someone you can spend time and whom you love, because there is nothing to do there. I did ask for a tennis trainer. Again, due to the location, he had to drive in... I waited and waited then was told he was late... I waited again... then it started raining which is no one's fault but this was 3 hours later.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jean-Pierre U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
#1 of 12 in Gros Islet
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!