“Beyond any expectation”

Jade Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The resort was absolutely beautiful. The staff could not have been more accommodating. They seemed genuine in their interest to provide us with the most fantastic vacation. I have traveled all over the Caribbean and stayed in some very luxurious resorts. However, Jade Mountain just topped my list. The all-inclusive package is the only way to go. The food and drinks were unbelievable and by having all-inclusive, prices for individual items were not an issue. The half-day sailing excursion was a must. The volcano tour was interesting and we made some beautiful pictures at the botanical garden/mineral springs. But I would not have paid for it otherwise. If you take this excursion, take money because they do have local souvenir stands throughout this trip. The massage was spectacular, as was the snorkeling excursion. My husband loved scuba diving (I did not try it). We stayed in a Sun Room and the pool blew my mind! The view was breathtaking. Although it did get a little hot at times, there were adequate fans throughout. My only word of warning is be prepared to walk. There are no elevators, just stairs. But the journey up or down is beautiful. I can not wait to return to Jade Mountain!

Room Tip: I would pick a room with a pool. It was spectacular to have our own pool. The view, regardless of ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amyj617

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Everything everyone says is true - it's fabulous. So I'll stick to details and helpful tips. Jade Mountain specializes in romantic getaways and full service stays. Our butlers - Filina, Al, and Mervin - were great. Nothing was too much trouble, and every request was fulfilled in a friendly, relaxed, and totally professional way. Our room, a Star level room (JB2), was superb. The views of course were stunning, but the comfort and the décor of the room were also great. We chose the Romance package (strongly recommended!) and so enjoyed tours and activities, all meals, massages, a range of restaurants, and best of all, Pina Coladas and fresh fruit platters delivered on request at 4:00 each afternoon. Some of the fruit we fed to the beautiful little birds that come to the terrace and dance around the pool. Not everyone loves the little birdies, but they were a highlight of our visit!

Some tips:
On arrival at Vieux Fort airport, a porter will take you to the Jade Mountain desk, where your driver will meet you. Tipping is expected and each person who helped us thoroughly deserved a tip. Bring lots of cash; you can't get $US there easily. We ran short, and so couldn't tip our fabulous butlers as much as we would have liked. I think US$100 per butler (delivered on the last day of our 5 night stay) is a good figure. We gave our guides, boat skippers, masseuses, and drivers about US$20 each per service.

The drive from the airport to the resort is a bit long and the road is pretty curvy. We were fine, but if you're prone to car sickness, take a pill beforehand. There is a lot to see between Vieux Fort and Soufriere (including some poverty), but the drive is worth it and our drivers were happy to talk to us about St Lucian history, culture, and politics. And it's good to remember that these neighborhoods are where your servers, guides, and butlers live, so we visitors do have a connection to everyday St Lucian life.

Soufriere is gorgeous in a gentle, Caribbean way. Ask your driver to stop briefly on the way in (or back) so you can take some photos of the old colonial architecture and local life.

At Jade Mountain:
Here's our surefire restaurant guide.
Breakfast - the Tree House (at Anse Chastanet - walking distance back down the hill) for the breakfast buffet (everything you could possibly want)
Lunch - the beach (either in the bar or delivered to your beach hut)
Dinner - the Jade Mountain Club (the food and service are AMAZING!)

We tried the Jade Mountain Club for our first breakfast and first lunch, but were much happier with the alternatives for the rest of the trip.

Dress up a bit for dinner at the JM Club. Breezy maxi dresses, fabulous jewelry, and heels for women; long cotton shorts, linen button downs, and leather loafers for men. Go up to the roof bar for a drink before dinner, and watch the sunset over the ocean.

Activities:
If you do the volcano tour, take a bandana with you. I'm pretty tough, but the sulfur smell was even too strong and overwhelming for me. The botanical gardens after the volcano are BEAUTIFUL.

Absolutely have a massage!

Absolutely do the snorkeling trip! I opted to stay on our terrace, but my husband brought back great photos and just loved it, so I regretted not going with him.

Generally ...
Allow some time for things to happen. The service at every aspect of the resort is superb, but it's not as lighting fast as we're used to in the US. Relax. You're going to miss this place when you leave, so soak up every gorgeous minute.

Room Tip: The Star room was perfect. Go higher if you want, but our pool was plenty big enough.
15  Thank GWBeverlyMA
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband took me here as a surprise for our 20th wedding anniversary. We stayed in a Sun Room. Our room had the most stunning views of the Pitons with one of the largest plunge pools, which was worth the extra money. We had the all-inclusive Romance Package, which included 3 meals + high tea, and a fully stocked fridge, as well as couples massage, guided snorkeling, sailing, scuba lesson, and tours of the volcano and mineral springs.

A typical day for me included waking up to the sound of birds and looking at the Pitons from my beautiful bed, a full delicious breakfast brought to our room or mango mimosas and nutella french toast at the restaurant, a walk down the mountain to the beach, relax under a shaded cabana while nice people brought me towels, fresh juice and water, and fabulous burger for lunch at the other beach, an afternoon excursion sailing or snorkeling, walk back up the mountain for cocoa tea and "cheesecake of the day" in my room, plunge in the pool, shower, relax in my peaceful room, eat a fabulous meal again, then go to bed to the sound of crickets and tree frogs.

This is a place for romance and rejuvenation, not for families and constant sightseeing. I am usually a very active and busy person, but for one week, it was nice to relax and be pampered. The pace is slow and simple and never crowded. The highlights for me were the sailing trip with Captain Kerwin and two adorable newlywed couples, guided snorkeling where I saw a school of squid and a puffer fish, a walking tour of the Anse Mamin Plantation with our guide Meno, and drinking Mangotinis in the Jade Mountain Club. On the day of our Anniversary, we returned from dinner to flower petals, a bottle of chilled wine, a hot tub filled with bath salts, candles everywhere, and chocolate cake in our bed!

Our favorite places to eat were Apsara on the beach during sunset for dinner, where the food is more spicy with local flavor, and the Burger Bar (don't remember the name) at the Anse Mamin Beach for lunch.

I loved everything about this place! However, you need to be in pretty good shape to stay here as there are no elevators and lots of stairs to get down to the beach. You can call your Butler for a shuttle at anytime to drive you up and down the mountain as Jade has its own set of drivers. Expect that you will be sitting down to eat for at least an hour as the food is cooked to order and served on Caribbean time (not NY). The plunge pool is not heated, but feels really good after a day at the beach or walking up the mountain. The wifi is slow and spotty, but who cares, you're on vacation, but if you MUST upload those pics and check your email in a hurry then you can go to the Registration desk where the wifi is better.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room JE3, which is a Sun Room on the top floor, red tiles, and large round plunge pool.
4  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I visited Jade Mountain in June of 2013 for our 10-year anniversary (see my prior review.) We loved it so much that we ended up returning in June of 2014 for our 11-year anniversary. I won't repeat everything that is included in my first review of the property, but I will just say that we are in love with this resort and its wonderful staff.

It was great to see so many of the same faces one year later, especially Bentley our favorite waiter at the Jade Mountain Club. He once again made all of our meals there extra special. Ask for him when you eat there, he is awesome. Dwight and Jerome are great as well. All of the Major Domos (Okeda, Teclus, Teddy) were a pleasure to be around.

The highlight of the trip of course, and what separates Jade Mountain from most other resorts, is the room itself. Waking up to that view of the Pitons never gets old. The beach is great, but you could choose to stay in your room all day and be perfectly happy. If we could afford it, we would keep coming back. We would love to return for a third trip someday.

This time around we ventured off the resort for a day. We attended a wonderful lively church service at "Christ Is The Answer Church," a yellow church in Soufriere, and had lunch at Ladera followed by some time at Sugar Beach. The rest of the time we stayed at JM, spending most of our time either in our room, at the beach, or at the JM Club for meals.

I know some have complained about the rough road in/out but seriously, it's not that bad. This is a beautiful property and the perfect spot for a honeymoon or anniversary.

4  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A quality spot of whisking was in order for my fiancées 30th birthday. We flew over for a weekend from the UK staying in a Galaxy Suite for two nights...

You might think that's a long way to go for a weekend but it made it all the more special...

The room was perfect; stunning views of the Pitons, three sides open to the ocean, and a huge infinity pool... You could easily just stay in your room...!!

The food was great, especially breakfast where we had something of everything!!

We also went down to the private beach where service was attentive but unobtrusive... You simply put a flag out by your lounger and someone will be there right away... No flag and they'll leave you alone... Maximum Chill... With a spot of sea kayaking thrown in for good measure...

Pricy but worth it for those extra special occasions... This was the best weekend of my life...!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank andrewdoggett
Reviewed 17 June 2014

By far the most romantic venue I have ever been to. no exterior wall, just beautiful views, infinity pool in the room overlooking the Caribbean sea Private butler, Truly the most unique destination I have ever been to. Everything is a five star.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank naj6363
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent the last 5 nights of our honeymoon here at Jade Mountain in one of their Star Sanctuaries. I have never done anything quite so extravagant before, but I figured that this was our honeymoon so might as well start our marriage off with a bang. This place definitely blew us away with its beauty.

The staff here were awesome, the views spectacular, and the food was truly delicious. The beaches here were amazing. Never been to a black sand beach before, so this was a pleasant surprise. The service on the beach was AWESOME! Never so easy to get food or a drink without running all over the place. The water was so clear and warm and wonderful. We went snorkeling there a couple times at the Anse Chastnet beach and again at the Anse Mamim beach. Beautiful water.

The food at all the restaurants were great but the Jade Club at the top of Jade Mountain was the best. The food was always so fresh and flavorful. I can't say enough good things about the staff there. They were all so great! I highly recommend this place. Once you arrive you'll realize that every other place you stay will be a disappointment when compared to Jade Mountain.

Room Tip: The Star Sanctuaries are awesome! Get one if you can afford it. If you can do more than by all mea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ryan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet
Stonefield Villa Resort
Stonefield Villa Resort
#7 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!