“The Room is the Star!”

Jade Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

As others have mentioned the rooms are spectacular, unlike anything I've ever seen. So....some minor pet peeves. And I want to repeat, minor. We stayed in JD2 for five nights last week. Used the ironing board and iron the first day and house keeping never returned it to the closet, got folded up and leaned against the wall for the rest of our stay. As well re housekeeping, one day they cleaned the hot tub and never emptied of sudsy water. There is a little bit of a mercenary vibe coming from the butlers and concierge concerning booking day activities and dinners. Other wise the butler service was exemplary. The restaurants are all great with one exception, we at lunch on the beach one day and the service at the restaurant was slow to non-existent. The service at the restaurant at the top of Jade was spectacular as was a solo guitarist. Service in general from the concierge was lacking. Not returning phone calls in a timely manner and sometimes not at all. The last night of our stay had heavy rain and there was a leak in the ceiling that left a decent amount of water on the floor. As well that same night there was a pause in the rain and the room filled with small fly like insects. Hundreds of them, they didn't bight and probably less than a half hour, but unsettling anyway. We like to eat in the room, and because they are so spectacular, I'm assuming that a lot of people do. Two issues with that, a limited room service menu although you can order of the Jade Mountain Club menu, but it leads to not many choices. And it you leave food unattended for even a moment the birds are in there snacking (and pooping). We finally took a cab into Soufriere and stocked up with some light snacks and wine from the grocery store. Again minor peeves, but when you're spending that kind of $ they can add up.

18  Thank johnnycheekawonny
There are newer reviews for Jade Mountain Resort

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Never have I experienced hospitality like this. From the moment you walk on the resort to the depressing day you need to leave, everything is taken care of. Our "spoilologists" (Mervin, Filliner, Alllain) were amazing! They were attentive, helpful and super thoughtful. Then the room itself, unbelievable. You could spend your entire vacation without leaving your room if you wanted to. The view was amazing, the pool was refreshing and the food served in the room was great! (Just be mindful of the birds). I will say, you should be very comfortable with the person you're traveling with as the bathroom is completely open.

I would highly recommend the all-inclusive package... We ate at the Jade Mountain Club every night as the menu (including even the bread and butter) changed every night. Lester, Bentley and Kerwin were some of the best wait staff we had as well! At the very end of our stay, they had the entire kitchen staff sign a note for us and gave us the chef's email in case we wanted any recipes. The second beach also has some great hand-packed burgers. It's also a much quieter beach for relaxing and swimming.

We also did the half-day sailing, which was absolutely worth it. Our Captain Kerwin was a pro and it was nice to sit out in the open ocean with a cocktail in hand and munching on some local snacks.

In short, 5 diamonds just isn't enough to describe this place. They have ruined vacations for me as any other trip will certainly pale in comparison!

Room Tip: I think being on the "C" level is ideal as it's the same level as reception and you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We treated ourselves to a meal here whilst in honeymoon at the Laderra ..... I have never experienced service like this ..... Try made us feel very special and the meal was very fairly priced .... The food was on par with the Laderra and hotel chocolat but the service was way better

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank carol_ann_price
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Simply incredible. The ambiance alone is like nothing I've ever experienced anywhere else in the Caribbean, possibly the world. Be prepared to be completely pampered in the massive, modern, open concept rooms. I also found the dining to be above and beyond expectations - everything from the locally sourced food to the STELLAR staff. Totally top-notch.

Room Tip: If you're already going to go to Jade, don't skimp on the room and upgrade to the ones with...
4  Thank Eileen C
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We actually stayed at Jade Mountain in 2010 - but I just started writing reviews on Trip Advisor... it was worth circling back around to say this property was a perfect choice for our honeymoon! It is very romantic, laid back, easy, delicious, private, excellent service.....

I've seen some complaints about the heat. Of course it's hot in St Lucia with no walls! But there is a refreshing infinity pool with amazing views right in your room. At night we were comfortable, and the joy and freedom of sleeping in the open air is awesome.

Our "suite" was huge and really its own villa! We ate in our room many times, and they delivered each corse whenever we were ready.

I would heartily recommend Jade Mountain to all honeymooners who enjoy unique, romantic, secluded experiences. I wouldn't recommend it for families, etc -- to me, that is missing the point and distracting to other guests.

Room Tip: they upgraded us to a wonderful room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FLtraveller2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I'm a travel agent and we went here for part of our honeymoon. Here are my thoughts.

Getting there you have to go up a winding and dirt road, but our driver Elvis (who comes HIGHLY recommended) made it a perfectly enjoyable ride. I sat in the back and didn't feel sick, which is odd for me. Go for the taxi or private transfers. Elvis also stopped along the way so we can get snacks and drinks to keep in our room.

As soon as we pulled in, they were waiting with a cold peppermint towel. (So refreshing) even though the car had A/C and the ride was comfortable. Once we got there, she brought us straight to our room and we checked in there. They took all our departure info so our check out was a breeze. Get the romance package if you can and at least get the MAP meal plan for sure.

THE BUTLER STAFF
Was amazing! They were there for anything we needed. We mostly had Filina and she couldn't do enough for us and was so on top of our every need. So professional! And she left us to ourselves when we didn't need her. We called to get a shuttle to breakfast or the beach and we had it as soon as we walked out. I don't think we waited more then 3 minutes! I didn't feel rushed or intrusive at all. She was wonderful! And then there was John that helped with ice, luggage, etc and he was there for us as well.

ROOM
We had the Moon Sanctuary - JB4. Splurge for the room with the pool. You'll regret it. We were blown away by the natural beauty of the room. The view was breathtaking! The 4th open wall made it feel like we were outside with all the comforts of an upscale hotel. It was a warm 88 degrees during the day, but the 6 fans in the room and the sea breeze made it seem a lot cooler. And the sun doesn't get in the room, so at night, the temperature goes down to about 70 which made it fine. There is a fan right above the bed, so we slept good. The beds were very comfortable!!! And there is a netting around it if you're afraid of bugs. I think we saw a total of 3 mosquitoes the whole time we were there, so if you're afraid of the bugs, don't. You'll get bit more off property. The lights all had yellow bulbs in them which cuts down on bugs. And I'm sure the ceiling fans help with that too. The only thing that came in the room were the birds and we loved that. Just make sure you don't leave food out!

Waking up to the Pitons and the sounds of owls, birds and waterfall sounds from the infinity pool was the most relaxing experience of my life. The room IS the resort. You won't find coconut bowling or ping pong here. This is a true sanctuary. No phones, no TV's just peace and quite. The room had a fridge stocked with drinks, and coffee maker. We did have WiFi in the room which was nice.

The bathroom was all open, no doors here, so make sure comfortable with your spouse! They had a GREAT shower with 7 water spouts open in the middle of the bathroom!! 2 sinks and upgraded amenities. A hot tub with jets and lights that changed color! The rich local wood was so beautiful.

I've heard complaints about how cold the pool was and I didn't think it was cold at all. It was the perfect temperature to cool off. If you want a warm pool, get in the jacuzzi.

FOOD
We did the breakfast buffet and it was the best! A great variety and the food was again, the best.. Also, I would recommending getting breakfast in your room most days, but the buffet was a nice change. For breakfast in your room, you just have to fill out a card and put it in the door the night before. The food again, AMAZING!

Jade Mountain Club - The best!! Every night, we had a different menu, all GOURMET! Again, top shelf all the way from the salad through the dessert. We had Jerrome and Lester as waiters and they were the best. The staff up there is so professional and again, the food there is an event! My husband, the picky eater was amazed. The chef had the menu down pat and such a great variety. The only thing about the restaurant, is we had to climb 116 stairs which was fine for us (made eating the dessert easier knowing we burned off some calories), but for the elderly or handicapped, it may be an issue. I'm not sure, but there may have been an easier way for them. But it was absolutely worth the climb. You will never eat that good anywhere!

MASSAGE
Spring for the in-room massage and ask for Verna. She was amazing! It was the best massage I've ever had and I've had my share! They set up in the room and used essential oils and went over the hour allotted. I melted like butter! My husband had Olga and he had a great massage too. Afterwards, get over to the suppler springs and get a mud bath to further relax your muscles. It's a short taxi ride and your butler will take care of that for you.

THE BEACH
The butler will arrange for you to get the shuttle down to Anse Chastanet Beach. Beautiful and quiet beach with grass huts, plenty of cushioned chairs, wait staff on hand and food nearby. There is a dive shop down there and also water taxi's if you need them. There, they also have catamaran cruises that the butler can arrange. We snorkeled every day down by the surf shop and saw some great fish. It was just a really nice relaxing break in the day. The Caribbean Sea was gorgeous!

TIPPING:
Tipping is expected but was well earned! Bring lots of small bills. $1's $5's and $10's since they will return money in EC (St. Lucian dollars) Also keep in mind the exchange rate.

FINAL THOUGHTS
This is a place you will go to totally unwind and relax like you've never relaxed before! And if you want to get out for the day, there are many beautiful places to see. Jade Mountain is an event, more than a resort. The most romantic place I've ever been! I would highly recommend adding it to your bucket list! We will be back again!

Room Tip: Get a room with an infinity pool!
20  Thank Donna O
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Without a doubt one of the most stunning hotels I have ever stayed at, the view is breath-taking, you will miss the Pitons when you leave. Waking up to the view is like nothing else.
The architecture is so unique, at nighttime it feels like you are on another planet.
We had alot of massages and they were all amazing, we also did the massage class which we enjoyed too. We did one walk-in scuba dive which was great, the reef just at the bottom of the mountain had a lot of fish and coral and it was nice not to have to get on a boat to travel to a dive-site. We splurged on the Helicopter transfer to and from the hotel and I would do that again, it was worth every penny - seeing the island and rainforest from the sky - WOW. Our butler was always keen to book dinner reservations for us but we preferred to dine in our amazing room with the sounds of nature and water, what could be better? the only super sad part of the stay was that the water in the hotel room balcony pool was much too cold to swim in, if it was heated then this could be the best hotel in the universe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NYC-TRAV-FAM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!