My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Jade Mountain. For the past year and a half I have stalked tripadvisor and let me tell you, none of the pictures do this place justice. It really is paradise found. My husband and I have traveled to exotic locales and stayed at 5 star hotels in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Caribbean and no place compares to the unique, stylish island paradise that is Jade Mountain.
Many reviews have complained about the drive from the airport to Jade. It is a beautiful drive through the jungle/towns in an air conditioned SUV. Upon arriving to the hotel we were greeted by our two friendly major domos with a fruity island beverage and escorted to our sanctuary (you can't call them rooms). Each sancutary has its own individual walkway, which makes you feel like you are away from the world...very private and exclusive feeling. We stayed in the "Star" Sanctuary, JA3, and upon opening the door, our jaw litterally dropped to the floor! The view of the Pitons is breathraking...the Infinity Pool is huge (enough to do laps) and the decor is amazing. I love the way the resort supports the local community, using recycled glass for the tiles of the infinity pool, rock wall from local quarries and the hardwood floors from neighboring islands. We had to pinch ourselves when we woke up in the morning to make sure this was real!
The major domos go above and beyond service. A few nights we had our hot tub drawn with rose petals in it and a few afternoons we can home to our bed decorated with local flowers. Also, you can arrange to have wine and cheese/dessert waiting for you after dinner in your sanctuary.
The sanctuaries are very private too. We never heard our neighbors above/below/next to us..all we could hear was the water falling out of the infinity pools and the jungle noises. Speaking of the jungle, we did not have a problem with any "creepy crawlies." We brought bug spray for the mosqitos (hey it is a jungle), but we never found any bugs/lizards/frogs in our sanctuary. All we saw were a few birds that would come watch us eat our breakfast.
1. Arrange before you go to do the private dinner on the beach...so romantic!!! We had the beach to ourselves and it was amazing to watch the sunset. We did the "Total Romance" package, so all of the food/drinks were included...all you have to pay is $100 for the set up.
2. Leave the resort. My husband and I had a hard time even leaving the beach, let alone our sanctuary the first few days of our honeymoon. But, St. Lucia is beautiful. Take advantage of seeing the worl's only drive in volcano and botanical gardens. Also, the day of sailing on the resort's sail boat was amazing. It was only my husband and I and two other couples, so the sailing trip was very intimate. In fact all of the tours were very intimate (like 2-3 couples per tour), so no tours felt touristy at all.
3. Eat most dinners at Jade Mountain Club. It is located on the top level of the resort with amazing views of the Pitons and gorgeous sunsets. The food is top notch, with top notch service to match. The food at Anse Chastanet's restaurants is good, but pales in comparison to Jade Mountain.
4. You can order sandwiches and salads to your beach hut, so you don't even have to get up...just stick your flag in the sand and your beach butler comes right to you! The sandwiches are very very tasty, but if you go to the actual beach restaurant, the food is much better with a larger variety of choices.
5. Try the cocoloco. It is the best island beverage hands down!
6. Don't listen to the complaints about the pool temperature. Yes, it was the same temp as the ocean, but after a hot day at the beach, it is very refreshing.
7. Enjoy a massage in your sanctuary. Nothing beats the views of the Pitons while having your couples massage.
My husband and I are already saving to come back on our 10 year!!! It is an amazing and unique place and we miss it terribly. Enjoy paradise found!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising majestically above its 49 room sister resort Anse Chastanet, a 600 acre beach front property, Jade Mountain is a cornucopia of organic architecture celebrating St Lucia’s stunning scenic beauty. The 29 luxury suites are called sanctuaries, sweeping spaces where bedroom, living area and an extravagant private infinity pool glide into one another to form extraordinary platforms floating out into nature. With the fourth wall entirely absent, Jade Mountain’s sanctuaries are stage-like settings from which to embrace the full glory of St Lucia’s Pitons World Heritage Site and the Caribbean Sea. Jade Mountain has set a new standard in the Caribbean whether it is for modern design, luxury living or unique resort and guest service experiences.Wrapped around an infinity pool with a dazzling kaleidoscope of colors, the Jade Mountain Club restaurant caters exclusively to resident guests, celebrating James Beard Award winner Chef Allen Susser’s “Jade Cuisine.” Hovering in space above the Jade Mountain Club is the Celestial Terrace, perfect for sunset cocktails or star-gazing.A wide range of spa services can be enjoyed in the privacy of the Jade Mountain sanctuaries or at Kai en Ciel, Jade Mountain’s boutique spa and fitness studio. The resort major domos and a dedicated resort team ensure outstanding service around the clock.Guests may enjoy the exclusivity and privacy of Jade Mountain plus access to all of Anse Chastanet’s facilities and services: Nestled amidst a lush tropical 600 acre tropical estate with two soft sand beaches bordering pristine coral reefs, Anse Chastanet is right in the heart of the island’s marine reserves with St. Lucia’s legendary twin peaks, the Pitons, as the dramatic backdrop.The active will enjoy the resort’s amazing range of adventure facilities. Facilities include 4 restaurants & 3 bars, professional spa, PADi 5* scuba centre, water sports with kayaking centre, 12 miles of private biking and hiking trails with mountain bike rental, sailing yacht, 3 boutiques, library and art gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jade Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jade Mountain Hotel
- Hotel Jade Mountain
- Jade Mountain St Lucia
- Jade Mountain Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere