“Wonderful Service, Great Food, Amazing Views”

Jade Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 January 2010

My husband and I visited Jade Mountain for 4 nights during our honeymoon to St.Lucia. We had an amazing experience here. We were upgraded from our Star to a Moon sanctuary. The pool was amazingly large and swept through the entire length of the room. We stayed in JB4, which is only two levels up. We considered that having a room a little bit higher, may have been nice, but then again, we didn't have to walk up too far after we returned from the beach.
The service at this place is amazing. We were looked after so well. The Major Domos are really there to help you with anything.
We had the AI plan that worked out well for us. We were able to have in-room breakfasts, lunches at Jade Club or on the beach at the restaurant there. Most of our dinners were at the Jade Club b/c we had heard that would be the best. However, your AI plan includes all of Anse Chastenet's restaurants and we heard Treehouse was very good.
We spent a lot of time on the beach. The service on the beach for lunch and drinks was very fast.
We went to Anse Mamin beach one morning, which is to the right of the beach at Anse Chastenet. I wasn't a big fan. It is more secluded, but the water entry at Anse Mamin was very rocky - if you want to swim in the beach.
The massages we had were excellent. We had the 60 min swedish couples massage. It was unlike anything I have gotten in the US. Well worth the money.
On our last night, our Major Domo had made us a nice jacuzzi bath and also decorated our bed with flowers. We had a wonderful time at this place and hope to go back someday soon.

4  Thank rdesaipatel

Reviewed 29 December 2009

Sandy and I were some of the very first guests at Jade Mountain at Anse Chastenet just outside Soufrierre in St. Lucia. This is an amazing five-star boutique resort with world class diving just off the resort beach. Hiking, Sailing, Diving, Eating, Spa! Amazing!

Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisherndon
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I am still in my JD3 Star sanctuary writing this review because I dont want to forget anything about this experience. After being here, I finally understand everything I read about. We arrived at UVF and there was a car waiting for us. The trip is $75 USD each way from the airport. The ride was an hour- 20 mins of it was going up the steep unpaved road to get to the resort. We arrived and our butler and manager brought us to JD3- Star. The sanctuary is incredible. Its about 1600 sq feet with a private infinity pool. I will try to post pictures when I get back to the states. Just an absolute incredible amazing room. The room gets sun most of the day until 5pm. The room has a fridge that they stock with some water, Piton beer, soda and a bottle of Prosecco wine. Once you drink everything, you need to fill out a form to restock your fridge. Every day they also place a "Bento Box" of snacks. One day was banana bread, taro chips and a salad. One day was coconut cake, nuts and chips. Each day had a new box. There was also a bag of sweets when we arrived. Another thing about the room- there is NO air conditioning and you DEFINITELY do not need it. There is a beautiful breeze that flows by. The only negative for me is that I am a very light sleeper. At home I have blackout shades. Here, at 6am, its bright as can be and full of birds chirping. Im an early bird anyway (no pun intended) so I didnt mind but people who sleep late might be annoyed. The other thing to know is about the bathroom. The bathroom has no doors/walls so you can be using it while your signifigant other is by the pool, bed or lounge area. It didnt bother us but I wonder if some couples would find that weird.
Food- I read a lot about meal plan or no meal plan. My husband and I NEVER get the meal plan b/c we like to enjoy the local bars/restaurants. What I didnt read was that it takes 20 mins to leave the resort- so, to go to Soufriere (the closest town) would take about 40 mins each way- not sure how much that would cost. We signed up for the MODIFIED meal plan (breakfast and dinner) that night. It was $90 USD per person plus 18% tax/service fee. BEST thing we ever did. We had room service breakfast that started at $24.00 USD pp before 18% each day and there are three restaurants to choose from in JM or Anse. The Jade Mountain club was really good. That is at the top of the resort. There were 2 menus. One stayed the same and one changed daily. Three courses and dessert was $85 USD pp plus 18%. We liked the Indian restaurant at Anse- Apsara the best. It was a 5 minute shuttle ride. Three courses plus dessert was $85 USD pp plus service. We also went to the Treehouse restaurant at Anse. That was our least favorite. $59 for three courses and dessert. They had a very limited menu and the service was spotty (not slow). We also had lunch at the Anse beach one day. It was typical beach bar food. I had fries ($5 USD) and my husband had a burger ($15 USD and a salad ($5 USD) plus 18% tax/service. My husband and I arent heavy drinkers so we paid for sparkling water ($5.50 USD) and 1 bottle of wine every night. On the modified plan, all drinks are extra. There is a FULL all inclusive plan that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner and drinks but for alcohol, you can only choose certain things that are included- its not every bottle of wine and drink. You dont need reservations to eat except for Indian. Indian is closed on Tuesday nights.
Service- the service was amazing. They gave us a tiny cell phone you can use anywhere on the island to call your butler. My only negative was that we booked a sailing trip through the hotel on our third day. We didnt know where we had to be for the trip. The butler switched from the time we arrived to the private sailing trip so we asked each butler twice. Finally, on the morning of the sail, we called the butler again to ask where we had to be. He finally called us back at 9am saying we had to be by the scuba desk so he called us a shuttle and we got down there by 9:15am (we were supposed to be there at 8:45am). It stunk that we lost 30 mins. If we booked the trip privately, I would understand that we would be responsible for getting where we had to go but I was surprised the hotel booked us the trip and was in confusion about it. I think next time I would book the sailing direct as well. I believe the hotel added $200-$300 on top of what the local guy charged. I tried to find someone local for sailing but couldnt. The company was called Bateau Mygo if anyone is interested in booking direct. Otherwise, the service was amazing.
Everything else- They have a VERY small gym that we had to go down many flights to get to (which was fine). There are 2 treadmills and 2 bicycles and a few weight machines and free weights. There are also water bottles and towels down there as well. Even though all the stairs were a great workout, I still needed to hit the gym once a day- even for 20 mins. There was one other couple there when we went.
Our flight leaves at 5:50pm tonight so they are letting us stay in the room until 2pm. Usually, they make you leave at 12n and give you a place to shower/change. We got very lucky b/c supposedly they are fully booked- GOOD FOR THEM!

I think thats it for now- please email me any questions or comments! If you are reading this, I hope you get to experience what my husband and I did- truly incredible!

15  Thank hc11238
Reviewed 12 December 2009

My wife and I were simply blown away by our incredible Honeymoon at Jade Mountain Resort in Saint Lucia Dec 09. The sanctuaries are so wonderful and so inspired. It's not long into your trip when you realize you are experiencing the work of a genius architect. The infinity pools in each room and the 'no fourth wall' view of the Piton mountains are a must see. Even the selection of furniture in the suites is amazing. Every detail of design seems to be carefully and painstakingly considered. The best part for us? The staff of course! We had such nice people taking care of us, the manager Edmund was especially nice, not to mention butlers Vito and Allan. These guys are world class, class being the operative word. We had fine dining with Dwight and Daniella in the Jade Mountain restaurant and you can really tell the difference with staff who genuinely care for their guests. These people really do and also spoke perfect English. Theo and Jonathan at the spa gave us massages that we both thought were the best we had ever had. I highly recommend going for lunch in Soufrey by water taxi - delicious Piton beer and Chicken Roti baby! Simon and 'Marlon Brando' took me into town and it were great guides. The little town is warm and welcoming. My wife and I already planning our return. I felt that we received tremendous value for the money spent. Mike and Steph - Canada.

2  Thank warblerbanana
Reviewed 9 December 2009

If we could give more than 5 stars, we would. This place was better than we had even hoped it would be. The people at JM have worked very hard to successfully create and maintain a tranquil paradise. Our sanctuary was amazing, the inifnity edge pool was so great to have as well, and the sound of the waterfall is an excellent lullaby. We had our concerns about mosquitos because of reviews we had read before our arrival. However, we didn't have any trouble at all. We had a person called a Major Domo who took care of us 24/7. We had 2 that worked together, but it was the same 2 all week which was great. We were treated like royalty the entire time. We had some of the most delicious food we have ever had. All fish served has been caught locally that same day! You musn't miss out on the ceviche. The food was so good we pretty much planned our days around mealtimes to ensure we didn't miss a single one. We definitely over-packed on the clothes. I hardly wore any high heels, there are a lot of stairs to climb to get pretty much anywhere, which is great exercise, but a challenge if you were in heels. Anyone that goes here should DEFINITELY get the all-inclusive package. If you have it, all food and drink are inlcuded, and several great acitivities that we enjoyed very much. The prices are very high for food, drinks and activities otherwise. JM should be on everyone's top travel location spots. We still talk about how wonderful it was, and hope to go back and do it all over again someday. We have joked that now any other vacation destination will never be able to measure up to JM. Trip of a lifetime!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bralisa
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I, like many others, visited this and other travel sites for months before locking in with JM for our honeymoon in late Nov-early Dec. Everything you read is true, and then some.

Let me put it this way, upon checkout, we were given an optional ' guest comment card' in order to leave feedback on what the hotel could do better. I have never, never been in a situation where when filling out the card I did not have enough space to comment on all the positive...scratch that, AMAZING, aspects of the hotel. When asked what impressed us most....I ran out of space. When asked about an employee worth mentioning, one who went above and beyond his/her duty to make our stay perfect.... again, we ran out of space. I wrote on the back of the form and had a total of six outstanding employees.

This is an amazing place, like nothing you have ever seen. On top of that, the service and people are the icing on the cake. We got married at at true 5-star resort, one of the few in the Southeast US, and when we arrived at JM for the honeymoon, the service rivaled, if not beat, that of our wedding hotel. My concerns going in were 1) weather in late Nov and early Dec, and 2) the distance from the airport to JM. The weather was great, and the drive, although a corkscrew through the mountains, was worth it. Once we arrived, both concerns were quickly forgotten.

I cannot add any more than what is already written on this website, but again, what a perfect and beautiful place! If you can pull it off, stay at JM for your entire visit rather than Anse Chatenet. We ran into a number of guests who said they had trouble deciding which to stay at, and in the end settled for the more economical price of AC. They regretted it and wanted to move, but JM was booked. If you are going to go that far for a vacation/ honeymoon / anniversary... go big, it is 110% worth it.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonbo1116
Reviewed 6 December 2009

All i can say is from the moment we entered the room, we were taken away. The service, the staff, the food was five star all the way.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flyawayfilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet
Stonefield Villa Resort
Stonefield Villa Resort
#6 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!