Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Nashville
50 helpful votes
“Two outstanding Day trips Pirates cruise and Lambada catamaran trip”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Both of these trips are fun and will leave you applauding Captain and Crew. The Pirates cruise is a full day of snorkeling and beach combing on a fast speed boat. We saw turtles,rays and even a few eels. Max of 12 passengers per boat-Tyrell our captain was very attentive. All you care to drink Beer and soda for the day. Everyone on the boat bonded and was a Blast.
The Lambada with Captn'John,Linda,and great staff (can't remember all the names) were incredible. This is a slow pace cruise on a catamaran with music,dancing,a little snorkeling and stop at Prickly Pear and Anguilla for lunch. Great Caribean style food
Ribs,Chicken,or Fish. Volleyball on the beach. Outstanding day that you wont regret.
I also want to add a special thanks to Tony at the Royal Islander by the airport. Great job recommending both of these fun adventures.
Thanks to all for making my vacation extra special.
John

1 Thank laddiebuck
Princeton, New Jersey
11 helpful votes
“Dangerous, Crime ridden St. Martin / Sint Maarten”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

On vacation my husband and I were mugged in Grand Case. A motorcycle crashed into my husband out of nowhere and then a rider from a second motorcycle quickly drove up to him and grabbed a small leather bag that he was cautiously carrying that contained our money, camera, phones, id cards, and credit cards. This happened in the late afternoon on the main boulevard in front of the Auberge Gourmand. The police informed us that this happens everyday on the island and that the crime in Saint Martin is far worse than in the other islands. Unfortunately, the majority of crimes on the island go unreported due to the fact that talking to the police officers at the scene of the crime does not count as "making the report." We had to spend half a day at the Marigot police station to make the official report. The police told us that muggings usually take place with guns and knives and that we were a rare case of the relatively less harmful mugging category. The island people we shared our story with were very sympathetic to what we experienced as the extraordinarily high levels of theft is targeted at locals too.

11 Thank EmmaS491
iowa
37 helpful votes
“my favorite bakery in sint maarten is Cafe Atlantico”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

lots of bakeries on the island this is the best for your money --they squeeze their OJ right there. Zee's bakery offeres fresh squeezed BUT IT COMES FROM A CARTON!!!! the juice @ cafe alantico is wonderful ---- all their sandwiches are a good value home fresh baked bread opens early get your bread for day fresh and hot 7-3 this time of year :)

1 Thank harvIowa
Halifax, NS
“My favourite place in St. Maarten so far...”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Divi Little Bay beach resort is an awesome basecamp for those that like to worship the sun and take in the island. We will be leaving in a few days for our third stay at the resort and are taking friends this time. We took our daughter last year and she brought a friend and they had an encredible time. There are day trips from the resort, or you can do your own exploring by renting a car and driving around the island.

This year we intend to explore Pinel island and maybe go to St. Barts for a day... might even get to Saba islend as well.

During our first trip my daughter and I did the Zipline and had a blast. My wife loved the shopping in Marigot, and I really enjoyed the Golden Eagle catamaran tour around the island... with stops at Tintamare, Creole Rock, Grand Case, and Mullet Bay. I especially enjoyed the Kisby Ring floating bar that they did from the Cat.

Can't wait to get back there!

Hartford CT
53 helpful votes
“Prestige and Value Rental Cars”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Our experience was with Prestige/Value car rental in St. Martin. I researched several companies before we went and this one quoted $109 per week for a very small car. I do realize that there are some extra charges in all rentals, but the quote I received averaged $16+ per day. When we returned the car, the bill was $266 or nearly $30 per day.

Personally, we will not use this company again. But my warning to travelers is, if you are reserving a car ahead of time (or even if you wait until you get there) BE SURE TO ASK THE SELLER for a bottom line, "out-the-door" cost. This assumes you will not incur late fees or bring the car back with less gas than required. If they can't give you the total, consider a different agency. Last year we used Lenny's Car Rental and were sorry that didn't work out this year. The agent quoted $150 all included, and the cost at the airport (he met us with the car) was $150.

By the way, I noticed in the Prestige/ Value office, the girl also used the equipment of the "Eurocar" desk so this is probably another name they go by.

6 Thank Mrjamie

Been to St Martin / St Maarten? Share your experiences!