“Healthy Eats That Taste Great”

Freedom Fighters Ital Shack
Ranked #20 of 100 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Price range: US$12 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Arlington, Virginia
“Healthy Eats That Taste Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

If you were to go on a vacation and wanted to make sure you didn't obtain any bad eating habits, the only thing better then cooking your own food is Freedom Fighters Ital Shack. If nothing else, get every juice they are serving. They were all amazing and I bought extras to take back with me. The food was also incredible. Healthy, delicious, and refreshing. I highly recommend this place for a excellent meal.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank VacayPlease1984

New York City, New York
“carnivore LOVED this shack!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

My boyfriend wanted to try this place this place out, altho I appreciate veggies, I'm a carnivore at heart, and no meal with no meat is NOT a meal in my eyes. but BOY WAS I WRONG!

this place is VERY close by to Philipsburg. If u pass the Burger King (by the Traffic Circle- heading to Philipsburg - its on ur right hand side - 7 min drive from BK). Just make sure to look to ur right & see the Jamaican Colors (look at the pictures ppl posted on this place, that helps).

The woman who I sadly never got a chance to ask for her name is so sweet and the Rasta guy that's there is very friendly. My boyfriend heard they grow their own veggies and asked if he could see it (since he loves growing his own veggies) but he wasn't able to since they grow it in another part of the island. Sitting there, I felt like I was in Jamaica! Locals that dined in there, said 'hi' to us. Friendly owners & friendly locals!

Like what ppl said, the menu chances every day. so when u enter u need to walk up to the kitchen and view their daily menu. My boyfriend tried their Oatmeal Lime drink, and he loved it! He ordered another one to go & regretted after we left to not buy another one. I tried it myself and I thought it was pretty good. I'm not much of an oatmeal eating person but the oatmeal seems to be soft enough where it doesn't have the texture it usually gives u.

The funny thing abt the food, it was made with Soy - and I am allergic to it. But it didn't stop me from eating it and WAHOO I didn't experience any allergic reactions.

prices r def reasonable, ESP since its vegetarian place.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank kim n
Virginia, United States
“Make this visit a priority”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were literally welcomed with open arms by Ras Bushman when we arrived! The service was excellent from the beginning of our visit, the food arrived fast and the meal was amazing. With all of the dining options in Sint Maarten, the Ital Shack is truly a one-of-a-kind experience and not to be missed.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Ross F
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Absolute must see.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is such a cool place. Makes you feel like you're at someone's home in Jamaica. The service is the best we've had on the island. My wife and I go there for the great vegetarian food and ultra cool atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank tolduboutmyj
Mastic, New York
“Not just for Vegans, great food for all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stopped by and took out lunch on the way home. It's really fresh hearty vegan food. They had fresh juices too. You should definitely stop by and get some. It's a good break from all the rich food you'll be eating while visiting St. Maarten.

Visited August 2013