“AWESOME EXPERIENCE WISH I COULD BRING THEM WITH ME”

Freedom Fighters Ital Shack
Ranked #21 of 106 Restaurants in Philipsburg
Price range: US$12 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Sebring, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME EXPERIENCE WISH I COULD BRING THEM WITH ME”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am vegetarian and I was looking for a vegetarian restaurant but Never did I expect to find this GEM. Ras Bushman came out and greeted us so warmly that we felt like we were his long lost family and then the FOOD-SIMPLY AMAZING! I had barley, beans, plantains and other delightful veggies that was so delicious that I ate everything on my plate. In a few hours when it was time to eat again, we drove back from the other side of town for more and they did not disappoint. My husband and I have decided that for the entire duration of our trip, we will be going there every day. Feeling very fortunate to have found them-hard to find vegetarian food that is actually not covered in cheese and oil and is actually delicious! I actually give them 7 stars out of 5 :)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Karlene D

Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
“We were "blessed" meeting and dining with Ras Bushman”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

5 of us visited early April and had a fantastic experience. We were warmly greeted by Ras Bushman , he was alone and quickly called his wife and son to come over and prepare a meal for us, it was delish!! It was not only the food (with all ingredients home grown), the drinks he makes (daily fresh juice, like tamarind, ginger, so tasty).
We have vegan, vegetarian and carnivores in our group and we all enjoyed the meal.

Ras Bushman join us and sit at our table with us while we ate, we talked for over an hour , he treated us like family...what we learned "drink water first thing in the morning , before going to bed and greens at every meal" Blessed to have met you :) See you next year.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank hwtj
Guatemala
“Do not visit St Maarten without going to this restaurant!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Amazing and delicious. Excellent service, healthy, hearty and filling food. I couldn't recommend any restaurant more. We went multiple times during a one week stay.

• Visited February 2014
boca raton florida
“Stopped in to see the Ras Bushman and KUJ!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent
Veggie food and juices served up daily with a smile. What a Blessing in St Maarten. Only a brief cab or bus ride from downtown.

Peoria, Illinois
“Fresh, friendly, delicious”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

While visiting St. Maarten on a cruise, 2 members of our group are vegetarians, so the remaining 6 of us decided to join them at Freedom Fighters. The son was the server and customer service person, Mom cooked and Dad was certainly the PR person, Bush Man is his name and rightly so, his dread locks go down to the ground and he wraps them around his head. We all had a picture with him, what a very pleasant surprise Freedom Fighters was. The wall is covered with photos of world leaders who fought for freedom, very interesting. The food was outstanding and so fresh, grown in their own garden in back & the prices were reasonable so entertaining!

• Visited December 2013