“Great lunch!”

Price range: US$12 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Came here off the recommendation of the Dinghy Dock owner. He didn't steer us wrong. I don't eat vegetarian normally, but this was good.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

At the Ital Shack you get fresh homegrown food. This is the best for the food is still electrical, that will then nourish your body as was intended by our creator. Not only is the food healthy but it is also wholesome (medicinal). Not to mention the delight for your gustatory senses. I would recommend the Ital Shack to everyone who plan on visiting the island, and also who are living on the island. The Ital Shack does the body good....Go ahead,...You deserve it!!!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I love Freedom Fighters. We were in the mood for something healthy, local, and tasty, and chose to come here due to the many recommendations that praise it.

The Ital Shack is simple. He has his menu for the day, and that's what you get... but its amazing. He grows as much of the food as he can, and also serves up fresh juices. The price is very reasonable, and you really get more food than you can eat.

Bushman is also an awesome person. There are signs all around his restaurant from various organizations around SXM recognizing Bushman for his contributions to the community. He lives and works in his community, and shares the most awesome foodie-love. The food he makes is fresh, wholesome, and refreshing!

It definitely has its roots in Jamaica, but I found the food way better than anything I had in Jamaica. Not that the food in Jamaica wasn't good, its just that Bushman really cares about his restaurant, about the quality and service, and you can tell he really wants to make an impression on his community. I love places like this, and I'd encourage everyone to go for some delicious wholesome food, as well as a taste of Jamaica that's better than most anything you can find in Jamaica.

Not only was this place good, but we felt very welcome here. Tons of locals stop by, which is usually a good indication.

We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The food was amazing I loved it... but the service! omg is like heaven!!!! the love that they show to the customers is priceless!!! I I completely love this place!!! 1 Love to Ras Bushman and his Family!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am vegetarian and I was looking for a vegetarian restaurant but Never did I expect to find this GEM. Ras Bushman came out and greeted us so warmly that we felt like we were his long lost family and then the FOOD-SIMPLY AMAZING! I had barley, beans, plantains and other delightful veggies that was so delicious that I ate everything on my plate. In a few hours when it was time to eat again, we drove back from the other side of town for more and they did not disappoint. My husband and I have decided that for the entire duration of our trip, we will be going there every day. Feeling very fortunate to have found them-hard to find vegetarian food that is actually not covered in cheese and oil and is actually delicious! I actually give them 7 stars out of 5 :)

1  Thank Karlene D