Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse
US$192
US$144
  • Breakfast included
Holland House Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$250
  • Beachfront
Belair Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)
L'Esperance Hotel(Philipsburg)
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfront streetfour poster bedguest houseolder partthird floorhighly recommend this hotelwonderful propertyview from the balconywet barhuge bathroomholland housecruise terminaloverlooking the beachgreat place to stayst maartenprime ribthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed in the old part of the hotel which I found to be very comfortable and well appointed. The staff was great. Lunch at the hotel restaurant was delicious and our waitress was very attentive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone but just one tip: it takes a long time for the water to warm up so don't give up on that hot shower!

3  Thank nansfaves
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We returned to Pasanggrahan for the second time. We stayed here at the end our of sailing adventure; enjoyed being back on land, taking a real shower, sleeping on a comfy mattress, and being treated to excellent service. The location provides for last minute souvenir shopping, excellent restaurants (includingthe hotel restaurant/bar), and donating at the nearby casino. Highly recommend the Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse!

2  Thank SharonS9090
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel reopened three weeks ago, and our sailing group spend a night here after turning our sailboat back in before heading home. My room was very nice, with a big verandah overlooking the harbor. We had lunch outside in the hotel courtyard - a wonderful lunch. Great mudslides and cold beer! The staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Unless you travel light, ask for a room on the 2nd floor, as there's no elevator for the rooms overlooking the bay.
2  Thank Debbie0123
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I agree with all of the other reviewers - stay in the new section! We had a wonderful suite #303 for 2 nights in January. The bathroom was huge - walk in shower, deep bath, twin sinks, separate toilet area, large vanity table. Small kitchenette with micro, sink and a wine cooler (no refrigerator).Also had a coffee maker but no coffee. The sleeping area had a king size 4 poster bed with netting around it. Not sure if that was for looks or for mosquitos! There were NO mosquitos and the room is air conditioned as well as screened. The balcony is wonderful - large with a view over the beach, water and docks. Colbert in the front office was nice to work with. We also appreciated the dining staff who were always up beat. And Janet at the bar was great. The elevator was appreciated! My only negative comment is the lack of a personal safe in the room. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others who want a short stay in the most convenient spot in Phillipsburg. Remember this is a "guesthouse" and NOT a convention hotel!

Room Tip: Definitely want the new section. They are aware there are problems with the older side. I suggest suite 303. There is a large Sea Grape tree in front of suites 301 and 302 which may hide the incredible view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tanya727
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I've stayed at the Pasanggrahan twice, once in July 2012 and again in December 2013. Both times, I was very impressed with the location, staff friendliness, and the rooms. I stayed in the newly-renovated rooms both times, and they're huge! It's an incredible amount of space, but my favorite part was the view. It was wonderful to wake up every morning, pull back the curtains, and have a breathtaking view of the Great Bay. In addition, all of the furniture and appliances are new and well-kept.

The location is wonderful. It's right on the boardwalk, so there's no need to rent a car. Restaurants, bars, and the beach are all within a short walking distance. You literally walk out of the hotel, cross the sidewalk, and you're on the beach where the Pasanggrahan has beach chairs ready for guest use.

The hotel has a family feel to it, and I quickly got to know the staff by name. Everyone is incredibly friendly and accommodating. The owner would often stop by while I was having breakfast to see how I was doing. It is refreshing to stay somewhere that doesn't feel corporate but still has top quality accommodations. I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in St. Maarten. I will be staying here for all my future trips to St. Maarten.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple