I visited St. Maarten with 8 months old baby and my husband in Feb. 2014. I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The front desk staff, cleaning lady, owner, bartender, kitchen staff, servers and every other staff were amazing. Great people. You feel safe. They watch out for you. This hotel is in a great location, right at board walk. We got a room on the ground floor if you open the door we face the beach. It was soo great. With my son this room worked out to be the best option for us. They have cool menus everyday if you would like eat there as well. Never got bored. You can do the board walk or the downtown philisburg within walking distance. price is affordable too. I would definitely go back. Simple and nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse is St. Maarten's oldest and most charming inn. Formerly a rooster farm, Governor's home, V.I.P. guest house, and Dutch Royal Residence, it is ideally located in Philipsburg on a white sand beach amidst enchanting tropical gardens and enclosed within its original stone walls: a green oasis hidden on Front Street. A national landmark and one of the last bastions of West Indian culture, the Pasanggrahan is secluded and offbeat in the heart of St. Maarten’s capital, and it's a minute's stroll to shops, restaurants, casinos, banks and other institutions and activities. This authentic, colonial style inn has all the special features of a larger hotel including concierge service, the Sidney Greenstreet Bar, boardwalk beach bar, complementary chaise lounges, beach towels, and social hour. “A special place for special people” General Information"This vintage West Indian-style guesthouse has a prime spot on the beach in Philipsburg, sandwiched between the busy, narrow main street of Philipsburg and the harbor. It's set back and shaded under tall trees, a charming relic from another time. In fact, this was once the summer home of the Dutch Queen Wilhelmina, and the interior has a gracious, late-19th-century feel, with peacock bamboo chairs, Indian spool tables, and a gilt-framed oil portrait of the Dutch queen. The small- to medium-size accommodations have queen-size, double, or king-size beds with four-poster designs; some are in the main building and others are in an adjoining annex. The finest have genuine colonial flair, with antique secretaries and four-posters swaddled in mosquito netting, madras valances, hand-stitched quilts, beamed ceilings, and still life paintings. Set among lush palms is the harborfront Pasanggrahan Restaurant, which specializes in fresh fish caught by the hotel's own deep-sea charter fishing boat and family-style dinners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse Hotel Philipsburg
- Pasanggrahan Royal Hotel
- Hotel Pasanggrahan Royal
- Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg