Princess Port de Plaisance Resort and Casino
Holland House Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$217
WIOL.com
  • Beachfront
Divi Little Bay Beach Resort(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$212
  • Pool
L'Esperance Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$84
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Pool
Sea Palace Resort(Philipsburg)
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2010

I stayed at the Port de Plaisance resort for 7 days in March 2010. although completely different, the previous reviews were actually quite accurate. What this resort offers is a Marina located, condo-like resort. There is no beach and the pool is quite meager. If all you're looking for is a large room with kitchen and a very large balcony located on a boat Marina then this is a great place to stay. I will say however, that the property is somewhat rundown. The rooms are fairly clean but furniture is old and somewhat dilapidated. The staff is for the most part quite friendly, once you engage them. There is no Internet access from the rooms at all. While I was there they were doing some renovations. They were updating the Exercise room and the main pool so I had no access to either of them. There was a pretty nice pool with a waterfall located between the buildings and it was adequate for just chilling out and reading a book or sunning. The one thing you will need to remember is that the pool towels are like Gold to the staff! They give you a towel card and expect you to keep hold of it otherwise they won't give you a towel!

There is only one breakfast restaurant at the resort but the owners are very friendly and fun. It's called "Zee Best" and is a french breakfast and lunch restaurant that serves fresh Croissant's and pastries, espresso drinks as well as a full breakfast and lunch menu. There are a couple of restaurants located next to the casino, which is on the resort property as well. The "Peg Leg" bar and grill has fresh Caribbean lobster and an otherwise quite nice menu. I ate lunch and dinner most every day and didn't get tired of it. The staff and owner are very friendly and we really enjoyed hanging out here in the evenings. They have live entertainment a few nights a week. You can find some great little restaurants in town, toward the airport as well, so try to venture out at least a couple of times but, make sure you ask around first!

It is true that the Dutch side of the island is quite rundown and dirtier than the French side, but I and two of my colleagues, had dinner at a Mexican restaurant on the French side and the bill was nearly $400!!!! Absolutely absurd! No we didn't have lobster yes we each had 2 drinks each but come on! We had great food on the Dutch side at VERY reasonable prices.

In conclusion, this is a great place for an older couple that wants to look at BIG boats and travel around the island a bit. This is NOT a place for young people looking for a great beach or even a nice pool. I travel for a living, so I stay in resorts and hotels about 150 days per year. I would not recommend this property. A little too dirty and rundown for me. The one bright spot is the Casino and the restaurant, the Peg Leg.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank tasmith1
Reviewed 10 February 2010

We come to Princess Port de Plaisance Resort every year. Weren't able to go to St Maarten in 2009, but will return in 2010. We love Port de Plaisance. It is tranquil and peaceful. It does need a little sprucing up, The staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurants are very good. We can't wait to get there again in 2010.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2010

My employer tried to check me into this dump - everything the others has said is true. Its a mess. The owners hyave literally reinvested NOTHING into the property and its work out and poorly maintained - a total nightmare. I could not even bear to occpy the room and had to leave the moldy any infested mess with torn furniture and get out.. Super nice location but the condition sucks - the service is horrible and the "beach" is a joke.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I just returned home from a stay at Port de Plaisance...like another traveler, my home resort wasn't finished with building yet. I was with my sister and a friend, and we typically just need a space to nap, shower, and change clothes, so it was perfect for that. The 1-bedroom condo was clean, and spacious enough for us all to have our own personal space - whether it was the living area, the bedroom or the balcony. The only big complaint was the fact that there is no daily cleaning service - we did get fresh towels, and the garbage was emptied, but I was used to having my bed made at other places I stayed, and housekeeping did not do that - weird. Oh, and we only received face towels twice in a week - also weird.

I have been going to SXM for about 13 years now, and I remember when the resort was built - and the grounds were new. It was gorgeous - it is still great space, but needs to be completely renovated - down to the signage - I got twisted more than once trying to get to the parking lots. The absolute BEST thing about our stay here has to be the solitude and the views...breathtaking - especially the marina at night (and during the day) when the boats are lit up - GORGEOUS! Oh, security is excellent as well - and we didn't have to walk miles to the parking lot - there is 24-hour driver service to/from the parking lots or where ever you want to go. Service is also a plus at Port de Plaisance - even though our requests were minimal, they were taken care of quickly and with a smile...as a matter of fact, I saw the day front desk guy out one night, and said hello, and he stopped and gave me the double kiss...how is THAT for service!?!?!?

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank soulcheft
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My wife and I stayed here in Feb. 2009. we were both pleased and dissapointed with the condition of the resort. There were three restaurants associated with the main resort,including The Peg Leg Pub"the best steaks on the island". There were three restaurants in the Casino, and a buffet. The casino is definitely the cleanest and best run on the island. The owners have put money i nto the casino and are using this as a way to put money back into the resort. The have started repainting the outsides of the buildings and are doing repairs all around the resort. The work out center and the tennis courts are all nice. The main pool was very nice with a waterfall but no whirlpool tubs working. All around the resort there is rebuilding work going on but it isn't like it is a construction zone. You really can see the way this place could look. The value in the place is it's marina location,great for big boat watching. ROOMS: the one bedroom suite had more than enough room, BUT the furnishings were older, a little run down, but it is really only a 2 1/2 star resort roomwise. Fridge, stove, microwave,oven and dishwasher.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple