Divi Little Bay Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Philipsburg
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my 4th time staying here as a Divi owner. The rooms were very clean, and the units have been refurbished, particularly new appliances as compared to my last stay here. There was enough closet and drawer space for 2 people. One bad note was that the mattress was very soft and needs to be replaced, but this could be just in this unit.
It is a great view of Great Bay, the Philipsburg boardwalk, the cruise ships and assorted wildlife. The resort has a number of activities. It is also in a great location in terms of getting to many places on the Dutch side of the island.

Room Tip: You will probably face the water no matter what room you are in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is our first Divi experience, and first trip to St. Maarten. We have fallen in love with this island and this resort. Our unit is very clean, and nicely decorated. Our bedroom and closet are huge. The bathroom is also large. Having an extra half bath is wonderful. The kitchen is well-equipped. Living area and dining areas are roomy and comfortable. Everyone here has been gracious and helpful. We found a vase of flowers and foliage on the dining table; just an example of the extra touches to make us feel welcome. Our room faces Great Bay, so we get a constant cooling breeze. The view of the bay, Philipsburg, and the boats is fantastic! This has been a perfect experience! We will be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was a little worried about this trip after reading a lot of the other negative reviews. My boyfriend and I stayed at the DIvi Little Bay Beach Resort and we just loved it. We actually just returned. We a room that was well stocked and very clean. It was right on the beach and beautiful. All the staff that we came in contact with were wonderful and very personable. We at at Gizmo's a lot the food was great and the staff was really friendly. We ate breakfast at Seabreeze( I think that is what it was called) and to show you how they went out of their way for us, My boyfriend asked for hot sauce the first morning for his omelet. The next day, the waiter remembered use and they made him a special omelet that was spicy for him so that he didn't need the hot sauce anymore. They made this omelet for him everyday after that. I cannot say enough about how great this vacation was! Thank you for a great time! -Haylee I am writing this review on my mother's account because it is easier then making an account of my own.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nancy0801
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our "villa" was equipped to make your stay most comfortable and pleasant. The villa had a dining area attached to the living area. There was an equipped kitchen with micro - no stove. The bathroom was clean and spacious as was the main bedroom; with a sitting room. The villa was spotless. The resort had a beach front with very nice sand to walk on; with calm seas and a great view. The Staff at large from the Front Desk, Deli, Bar and Grill made every effort to answer questions and help your stay be picture perfect. The guest meetings, evening events for guests, and even the Towel Kiosk showed signs of hospitality and service. We had an issue with a very noisy air conditioner - fixed immediately without delay. If you appear to have a problem or situation - don't complain to other guests - seek the management team- their interest in solving a problem is paramount to them. Their goal is to make your vacation - a time to remember.

Room Tip: Ask respectfully and within reason. Let the Professional Staff know your concerns.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank May2014Liz
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Although we didn't stay at Divi Little Bay Beach Resort, we walked around the area every day. Visually, the units are all nicely maintained outdoors and the staff are extremely friendly at the outdoor restaurant and the Toucan Restaurant. During our one-week stay, we ate either a continental or buffet breakfast every morning. The continental included juices, fresh pastries and warm croissants, breads/bagels, delicious assortments of fresh fruits (mango, papaya, watermelon, cantalope, honeydew, oranges, grapes, prunes) as well as coffee and/or tea urns placed directly on your table where you could refill your cup as often as you please. The staff was extremely friendly at the restaurant as well as on the grounds. Their mini market is expensive (but the neighboring market at Belaire Beach is the same) and attached to it is good deli for breakfast sandwiches and lunches.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelBugger49
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms nice. We had a beach front view. Staff @ front desk friendly. Beach clean and sandy. Have to said i was little desapointment when we went for dinner @ Tucan Restaurant.22/6/14 The hostess cashier did not approched us. She was rassist. Two white couples seems like there were from USA. They got fast service and got drinks and bread and also the food before us. They came after us and got everthing!.Seems that their was 1 Supervisor in the Restaurant. But she never came to our table. I has complained to my server and she appology and was very friendly.(Geraldin) I can not forgot her, she was so nice to us! Again we all are the same guest and need the same attention. However we liked the hotel and will be.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anabella-Vianne L
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our vacation was the best because of the staff. They spent time to accommodate my request to be close to my daughter and 3 year old grandson by Little Bay. Unfortunately the first night, it was raining heavier than usual and our first floor room flooded. Very professionally, they moved us to another room in the middle of the night. Again, when switching our room, they were very accommodating. The flood was an usual situation and did not ruin our great time! The weather was great all week. All the staff were prompt, friendly & professional including at the restaurants. We will return next year. I would like to thank Natisha for being so patient and professional. I would, in fact, like to thank all the staff. I had the most relaxing, enjoyable vacation. We were on the third floor and the cruise ship view was breathtaking. I did get exercise, since my daughter was in the next building on the third floor. As my grandson pointed out, there was 102 stairs to get to his grannie. Next time, our hope would be to be in the same building!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
Mary's Boon Beach Resort and Spa
Holland House Beach Hotel
Holland House Beach Hotel
#1 of 12 in Philipsburg

Been to Divi Little Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!