Divi Little Bay Beach Resort
Holland House Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$84
  • Beachfront
US$154
  • Breakfast included
Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$120
Orbitz.com
Belair Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
2,285 results
All reviewspure oceangizmos barseabreeze cafeinfinity pooltime sharesea breezefort amsterdamgrocery storejacuzzi tubone bedroom suitemain restaurantst maartenrented a carfull kitchenbay beachwater sportspizza
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The resort is a bit away from it all. Not in front street (downtown Philipsburg), not in the tourist area of Simpson Bay. The rooms are ok but small. The whole resort could use some renovations. Looks a bit old. Parking is always a problem. It is an OK resort. Does have beautiful sunsets and clear water beaches.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank BVLC1
DiviResorts, General Manager at Divi Little Bay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your posting. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the location of our resort. Many guests appreciate our remote location as we located in between Philipsburg for good shopping and Simpson Bay for night entertainment. Our standard hotel rooms are indeed smaller than our studios, 1 and 2 bedroom units as our hotel rooms don’t have a kitchen and sofa seating area. If you decide to return to our resort , we highly recommend that you reserve a studio.

Unfortunately, you did not specify which part of our resort looks old, but as you can see in our other postings all feel that our property looks well maintained and updated. We are currently building a brand new lobby and front desk, hoping to be finished by early September, maybe you are referring to the construction area instead?

Were you looking for a specific parking spot? In all 5 years I work here we have never ran out of parking spots as our parking is very large; a direct advantage of our location.

We do indeed have beautiful sunsets so I am glad that you got to enjoy these as well as our beach while you were here. We hope that we may welcome you back soon!

Thanks,

Celine

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Divi Little Bay has a great location with a wonderful beach. Snorkeling in the waters here was quite pleasant. The grounds are well maintained and the pools are very nice. The problem is that the accommodations never quite measure up to the standards that the Divi sets for itself. The rooms are well designed, but the furnishings are of a lower quality than one would expect. The views are nice but the screen doors are in disrepair (not good while they're being overrun by mosquitoes). We were moved midweek because the ceiling above the bed started dripping water. The ceiling looked like it had been leaking on and off for some time. The shower and tub area was nicely designed, but barren of some little touch -- a flower, a vase -- that would have filled the large shelf and added a nice homey touch. The furniture was a little beaten up in both rooms, so showing the wear of its many visitors.
The food at the restaurants was pretty bland and a little overpriced. The convenience store on the grounds did not carry the kinds of items we would have found helpful, and what they did have was overpriced. Because it had a snack bar of sorts in it, the Divi counted this as a fourth restaurant.
Their spa was pretty nice. My wife and I had a very relaxing couples massage with two very capable masseuses. If you don't come in with grand expectations, you won't be disappointed. Trouble is that the pictures, the descriptions the Divi offers, the first glance all set a higher bar than they can meet.

Room Tip: We were in the timeshare section, which is quieter, but more prone to insects because of the surrounding vegetation. The hotel section is closer to the beach, the pools and the bars. There was music almost every night we were there, but it was over by 9:30.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abqactor

Thank you for posting your Divi Little Bay experience. We are indeed known for our remote and wonderful location and for the best beach with beautiful snorkeling. Happy to read that you feel that our grounds are well maintained, our 3 pools are very nice and that you feel the rooms are well designed, including the shower and bath tub area.

I am sorry that we didn’t exceed your expectations in reference to the furnishings in the room you stayed in and that you had an unexpected ceiling leak in your room during your stay. It is not acceptable and I apologize for the inconvenience of having to move to another room.

We have 3 restaurants (Gizmo’s, Sea Breeze and Toucans) and they all offer a different menu with pricing very comparable to other restaurants on the island. Main courses in our a la carte restaurant start at $16 and lunch dishes as for example fish tacos, chicken Caesar wraps and burgers & chicken satay are offered from $8-$10. We don’t count the Deli as a restaurant as the Deli sells grab-and-go items like paninis, salads and French pastries. I am sorry that you thought that our outlets were overpriced.

I am so happy that you have enjoyed our spa and the couples massage you received. We hope that we may still welcome you back to St. Maarten and our resort. When you are ready to visit us again, please contact me directly & I'll book your reservation.

Thanks for your visit to our island and for your posting,

Celine

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are looking for a nice ,quite place in SXM, Little Divi as it. Clean place, quite little beach, bar, and a small resto and a couple of swimming pool. At a walking distance from down town. I had a bed room with a kitchen and a living room. Nice balcony over looking great bay.
Just love it. We made breakfast and we out for supper of went to get a take out somewhere. A car is needed if you want to get around.

Room Tip: A room facing Great Bay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Pros -
*The view is nice

Cons -
*The rooms are filled with ants, ants and more ants (and we are on the 3rd floor)
*The restaurant food is over priced and not that great
*The little on site market charges $7-$11 for the big bags of chips. Ridiculous.......
*We called the staff about the ants & the didn't offer to change rooms, or anything. They sent us up a can of bug spray..
*They are charging us a $50 something fee & an $18 per day something else fee. I dont know if this is only for timeshare rooms or everyone. We got the room via RCI timeshare.
*The pool is very small
*The staff is not friendly or welcoming..they are pretty rude, in fact.
*The room smells like mildew or something.
*Oh, and did I mention the ants
*The front doors are paper thin and we got woken up twice from the workers outside of our door literally arguing. (They were trying to fix something)
*Im not sure what else..but I'm sure I could think of plenty more.

Stayed: July 2014
11  Thank michael14nicole
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I traded into this resort through RCI and had a wonderful, relaxed experience. Our efficiency overlooked the bay and was clean and dry. We thought the food was remarkably good for a resort and had lunch there every day. I was in the middle of closing on a business deal and Sandra Rogers, Samantha and others at the front desk were gracious and efficient in helping me move documents back and forth. I'm a demanding traveler and have already started planning my return trip. The proximity to shopping and the beautiful beach, coupled with great front desk and concierge service, will bring me back many times.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in buildings E or F. Those overlook the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends