“Delightful”

Flamingo Beach Resort
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We used Trip Advisor to select this hotel and the reviews were accurate and helpful. The room was a bit from the good-old-days yet very neat, open, clean, and an upgraded kitchen. Our deck over looked the garden and pool and was quiet and calm. We went to several different beaches in the area and this is it's best kept secert. It is secluded, few people, and great for swimming, diving, or just playing. Plenty of beach chairs. Great sunset views that are as good as anywhere. I've stayed at a lot of resorts in a lot of places and I would go back here in a heart beat. It is not a 4 star and maybe at best a three star when it comes to bells and whistles yet it is very clean and comfortable. All of the staff are over-the-top helpful and I can't say enough about the business professional attitude. We only ate once at the resturant on the beach, yet it was good. From this location you have many choises to eat or purchase food w/o a vehicle and within easy walking distance.
We were taking sailing lessons at St Maarten Sailing School and it was an easy five minute walk. We only walked through Simpson Bay Resort and although the lobby area seemed more three star, I undoubtedly would choose Flamingo because of the laid back feeling and the excellent beach area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Just returned from an 8 night stay at the Flamingo Beach and hope to return to the resort soon. The next time my husband and I plan to take a tour of the time share offerings; we enjoyed our stay that much! At first, things were a little "rocky" and I thought this review would be a 2, not a 5. The staff immediately took action when I told them my "ocean view" room was not acceptable because it overlooked the back of their beachside restaurant and the ocean could not be seen from the ground floor room, or its patio. (I believe the room once enjoyed a wonderful view, but an addition on the beach restaurant/bar took that view away.) The desk clerk (Germain) and the efficient female manager had my husband and me assigned to a third floor room with a magnificent ocean view! They handled my original complaint so professionally, and remained friendly even though they had additional work to locate a new room for us. That friendliness and warmth continued the entire 8 nights; every staff member we met or even passed in the hallway said hello and offered a nice smile. Our room was fantastic. I cooked 5 of our 8 nights because the kitchen in our studio room was fully equipped and had brand new appliance and a wonderful coffee maker. The blender crushed ice for smoothies much better than mine at home. The bed was so comfortable, the closet and drawer space was sufficient, and the bathroom shower easily fit 2 middle aged adults. Housekeeping service is not daily, but staff is easy to find if you need something. The room had plenty of towels and linens. The 4 beach towels provided soaked up the moisture and I found myself asking my husband to buy me some multiple times during our stay. (He refused, but next time I am buying a couple to use at home.) The Flamingo Beach is within easy walking distance to a small store, a dive shop, a great restaurant, bakery and more. It isn't a bad walk to more restaurants, stores and a pharmacy. The nearby dive shop, Aqua Mania offers boat trips to different shopping destinations and a great bus tour of the island. I believe the hotel offers a bus tour also, but since my husband did all of his scuba dives at Aqua Mania, we just booked all our activities through them. The airport is well equipped and easy to find flights to. The weather is spectacular, and the resort is everything I expected, and much more. There were people of every age range staying at Flamingo Beach, from newlyweds, families with children of all ages, and middle aged and older.

Room Tip: Beware of ground floor ocean view rooms, make sure you check that it does indeed still have an ocean...
3  Thank Joyce R
diamondresorts, Manager at Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

We are delighted to read that following our company motto we have offered you excellent customer service when it was most needed and that you enjoyed a great stay here with us. We do hope that this was not the last time we had a possibility to offer you our service - please come back soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Flamingo Beach Villas in the first week of October. When we arrived at the airport, we opted to take the bus to the resort since the cab charges $10.00 a person. The bus (mini van) was only $ 2.50 each( no brainer), dropped us off at the Flamingo's sister resort Royal Palm Beach resort, where they have a free shuttle to the Flamingo. The Royal Palm is right on the main street, easy walking distance to the local restaurants.
The staff at the Flamingo was wonderful, helpful and polite. We were in a one bedroom villas. The villa was very rooming and clean...The beach and pool were clean..... The shuttle service runs from 9 to 5. So we had to cab it if we wanted to go to the main drag. We rented a cell phone for $ 40 for the week. XTreme Communication right on the strip next to the Royal Palm. Ask for Doris. I would love to visit the St. Maarten again. Probably at the Royal Palm, since it's close to everything.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Flamingo Resort this past October. This resort is beautifully maintained, the staff friendly, and quick to respond to any questions or problems. We had a studio room, with a full kitchen and a great ocean view on the top floor. It was so relaxing to have our coffee on the balcony every morning, with the sound of the ocean surf, the breeze rustling through the palm trees, and the sun rising over the hills!! We would definitely recommend this resort to our family and friends.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor, with an ocean view facing southeast and overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your words of appreciation and recommendation! We hope to have another opportunity to offer you a lovely time here with us in the near future, we wish you safe travels until then!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I love, love, love this resort! This year, 2013, I have visited the Flamingo Beach Resort 3 times, which is the reason I call it My Carribean Home. The beach area is beautiful. The staff are all friendly and will go out of their way to make you happy. I had Mosquitos in my room and they were quick to give me a spray that worked well on the bites and changed my room quickly. They even followed up to ensure that I was ok. My favorite bartender, Stevie, is funny and friendly plus, he makes the absolute BEST frozen mimosas in the world. Restaurants, a casino, the Piano Bar and even a small grocery store are all within the resort that you can walk to. It's very safe and a beautiful place to relax during the day, watch sunsets in the evening and party at night. #TFWPassion. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The ocean view room on an upper floor is worth it!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Good location, good value, nice beach in front of the hotel with beach chairs and umbrellas, 2 minutes far away from supermarket, activity desk available, car rental from hertz with cars starting from 51 usd per day, good restaurant/bar on the beach, 15 minutes far away from airport. The rooms are big, with all the necessary equipment that you need, even if outside is very hot inside the room the walls are keeping chill air. The staff is very helpful and friendly, all the resort has security, it's safe. For sure we will come back here !

1  Thank alex_sho1986
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I were delayed in Saint Maarten coming back from our honeymoon. We found the Flamingo Beach Resort online. The price was right so we booked. We got in late and the man at the desk was very helpful and offered to hold our bags while we got something to eat as the room was not quite ready. When we returned and made it to our room, we noticed that the corridors were very barren and, frankly, ugly. When we entered our room, we were hit with a musty smell and my wife and I agreed that the room was probably top-of-the line...in the 80s. It did not feel totally clean and the walls and base-boards had numerous chips and scuff marks that evidenced that the room desperately needed some TLC. All of that said, the view was amazing, the price was very reasonable and the service was excellent. With some work, this hotel could be a gem.

1  Thank tmcintire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
The Villas at Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina
#1 of 8 in Oyster Pond
1 mi away
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa
Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa

Been to Flamingo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!