We used Trip Advisor to select this hotel and the reviews were accurate and helpful. The room was a bit from the good-old-days yet very neat, open, clean, and an upgraded kitchen. Our deck over looked the garden and pool and was quiet and calm. We went to several different beaches in the area and this is it's best kept secert. It is secluded, few people, and great for swimming, diving, or just playing. Plenty of beach chairs. Great sunset views that are as good as anywhere. I've stayed at a lot of resorts in a lot of places and I would go back here in a heart beat. It is not a 4 star and maybe at best a three star when it comes to bells and whistles yet it is very clean and comfortable. All of the staff are over-the-top helpful and I can't say enough about the business professional attitude. We only ate once at the resturant on the beach, yet it was good. From this location you have many choises to eat or purchase food w/o a vehicle and within easy walking distance.
We were taking sailing lessons at St Maarten Sailing School and it was an easy five minute walk. We only walked through Simpson Bay Resort and although the lobby area seemed more three star, I undoubtedly would choose Flamingo because of the laid back feeling and the excellent beach area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Maarten
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg