My husband and I travel to the Caribbean 3-4 times a years. Our ocean front view was beautiful. Great view of the beach, ocean, coconut trees, and banana trees.The room was well equipped with dishes, pots, pans, and blender. The beach is small but very nice with beautiful sand. There is a gift shop on the property and Marcie beach wear shop. The hotel is close to major restaurants in Simpson Bay. The hotel is very close to the airport which is an advantage on arrival day and departure day.
Disadvantages for this hotel is the fact that there is only one restaurant on the property and they continuously play American music from 1950, 1960's, maybe 1980;s. If you are waiting to hear local music with steel drums or reggae this is not going to happen. Despite the fact that the beach is nice, you have to be on the beach by 7 am if you want any hope to get a cabana. This was the first time that I had the beach staff requested that I get up from my beach recliner chair because the beach was closing and he had to stack up the beach recliner chairs! He did offered me a regular chair to sit in to watch the sunset; however, by that time my mood was not the same. We stayed from Monday to Friday. The room was supplied with plenty of towels and wash clothes; however, housekeeping came on Thursday to clean when our check out day was Friday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, West Indies, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort