First and foremost, I have to say, this was part of a package brought to my attention, an offer I couldn't refuse. Additionally, without implying anything, this is not the type of location I'd normally use.
However, despite being in party central of the island, our car park facing studio was surprisingly quiet. Speaking of the studio (which it is, rather than just a room), it probably won't blow you away... unless you're homeless but then you're probably not travelling. It isn't modern, sleek or up-to-date. None of those qualities describe it accurately. What it is, though, clean. Clean, functional, very generous in size although a bit dark as it (unit 7235) looks straight at a wall across the car park.
Is there anything negative about the place? Apart from the door lock working as efficiently as an Orang Utan at a secretary's desk, no. We'd gone through some ten key cards after a week, they just ceased operation. Apart from that, there is a LOT of free parking (I know that because I looked at it for a week), it's quiet, has very friendly staff and a nice beach right out front.
If you're a budget-conscious traveller, this might just be the place for you. If you value simple functionality over appearances and sleek finishes, this will be great.
I have no problem recommending Flamingo Beach Resort, it's a good place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Maarten
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort
- Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg