We are Diamond members and were lucky enough to get an ocean front room. After reading other reviews, I was afraid we will get stuck with one of the hill rooms. First the good things:
It's a great location, good restaurants around (
So French was great as well as Crave and Aldywan)
Not so good: rooms are horribly outdated, the mattress, pillows and sheets are so low in quality that we ended up with back pain. The employees (except for the front desk) don't have a clue what customer service means. They were rude, short and in one word: miserable. In one occasion we wanted to see the sunset and arrived to the beach 5 minutes until 6 PM. The employee at the beach took our lounge chairs and said he had to stack them because he was leaving in 5 min and if we wanted one, we will have to put them back in the stack...uh??? He even was upset we arrived at the beach at that time. After questioning him, he ended up giving us a regular chair as a "favor". Other day, we went to the activity center and the employees were playing video games; the towel guy was sleeping on his little tower, and I can go on and on and on...
Bottom-line: Stay away if you can or be prepared for a mediocre service. Or do as we did, we rented a car and stayed away of this place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful white sand, sparkling blue waters, sunny skies - where else can you find all of this but in Saint Martin/Saint Maarten in the Caribbean? When you stay at Flamingo Beach Resort, you will have all of this, and more. Here you can have the most relaxing vacation of your life, or enjoy some of the many outdoor adventures in the area. If you love water sports, you can go windsurfing, swimming and snorkeling. See the scenery on horseback, or go for a hike along the many trails. You will never be bored while you are staying here, unless of course you simply want to sit back and do nothing, which you are more than welcome to do. Just imagine spending a week or longer just lying around on the beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, West Indies, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Philipsburg
- Flamingo Beach Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Philipsburg
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Sunterra Flamingo Beach Resort