Horizon View Beach Hotel
Holland House Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$217
WIOL.com
US$96
US$81
  • Beachfront
Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
Sea Palace Resort(Philipsburg)
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsliving roompost hurricanesecurity guardcruise shipthe hotel staffgrocery storesmall kitchenno hot waterocean frontshipsbeachislandmicrowavetaxilampirmabay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The accommodations were comfortable and clean. If you are looking for more of a resort feel, this is not the place. It is a great location for shopping and access to the beach. I had an ocean front view of Great Bay. Great location if you like shopping! Other than issues with the cable and losing almost half the cable channels for a couple of days, my experience was enjoyable. I would stay at the Horizon View again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friend and I arrived around midnight because our flight was delayed, and though the front desk was technically closed, there is usually a security guard or someone there to assist. The security guard, Noble, was great. He helped us to our room and recommend several restaurants during our stay. Our 'room' turned out to be a good size apartment with full livingroom/kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom and an immense number of closets and drawers. We had a beach view with semi-balcony (no standing area). Daily room cleaning service is not included (which I usually decline at other hotels anyway). Concierge service is not set up like most hotels or resorts, but the staff was willing to help with any questions we had and directed us where we needed to go. Location is right off Great Bay in downtown Philipsburg. The town is incredibly walkable, but there is also a very convenient area to get a taxi, and a relatively easy bus service (remember to let the driver know when you want to get off!). There is a supermarket a couple of blocks, shops and restaurants are plentiful. The level of business in town is more or less dependent on whether or not there is a cruise ship at dock that day, but Sunday almost all business is closed. Restaurants are opened for dinner (most kitchen cloe around 11pm) but if you are looking for the nightlife, I've heard Maho is the place (around 20 minute by car, bus or taxi). No frills hotel, but very clean, comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yan W
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Horizon View in Phillipsburg in June 2014. The location is beautiful. The accommodations are great, not fancy but just our style. We saved some restaurant expenses by cooking in the nicely equipped kitchen in our condo a couple of nights. A grocery store is about a 10 minute walk away.

The staff was super friendly and helpful, especially Ramesh, the manager, and the evening desk man. We hope to return next year. I have been to a few Caribbean Islands and this was my favorite.

The beach is great and right outside the back door. We also ventured to the French side by rental car and took a schooner lunch and snorkeling trip. Just a great trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ML701
HorizonViewHotel, General Manager at Horizon View Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear ML701,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. It's so nice to hear that you were able to use our kitchen facilities, which is unique to our hotel compared to those nearby. We hope to welcome you and your family back to your favourite Caribbean island! Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Hello all, I stayed at this property in May 2014 as a timeshare exchange. It is located right on the beach on the main street of the town. My room was clean and the bathroom was newly renovated and gorgeous. Flat screen tv. Ac worked well. Staff are the greatest hilights of this hotel from Noble (security guard) to Rumeesh (the manager). Noble was great and helpfull and took time to bring in our luggage and then went with me to park our car and explaine the parking rules in the area. The Manager, Rumeesh made me feel like home. When an incident occured (not at the hotel) he offered to go with me to the hospital and I am forvever greatfull to him for the offer. When it comes to security, I think that this property is prety safe with security present. Their safe boxes are the bank quality boxes that require two keys. Only inconvenience is their location in the reception area but it actually adds to the security of it. Over all, I had a very good experience at this property and would come again and again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank genakogan072285

Dear genakogan072285,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and got to experience our newly renovated rooms! Noble and Ramesh will be very happy with your positive remarks. I will certainly pass those on to them. I am certainly glad that you felt secure staying with us. We always have overnight security on property for that reason. We hope to see you again very soon for another great vacation! Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am a workaholic, single, and my main goal for the week was to relax. Did almost the same thing every day, got up late ate breakfast, went for a two hour swim, relaxed, ate lunch, took a nap, swam for another two hours , got cleaned up ate supper, watch a movie. It was exactly the vacation I needed. I also did a snorkel tour with blue bubbles which I enjoyed very much.
The location is in the middle of town so if you want to go shopping you are in a great location. I meet a lot of very nice interesting people while going shopping. There are a lot of shops with security people everywhere so it made me feel very safe to walk around. I had a wonderful week, with the staff being the best.

• Stayed: May 2014
HorizonViewHotel, General Manager at Horizon View Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Theking2000,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here. It seems you had the perfect relaxing holiday! You definitely took advantage of our central location with plentiful of shopping nearby, and the beach just steps away from the hotel. We hope to see you again very soon for another one of these perfect relaxing holidays!