“Thank you Tamarind staff <3”
Review of Tamarind Hotel

Tamarind Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Philipsburg
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We lived in SXM for 6 yrs. I spent the last month at the Tamarind with 3 children as a little vaca before leaving. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
It is a relaxed atmosphere. A real family place that didn't feel hotelish. More like a little community. We loved it. It is close enough to the action of town without being far enough away to have the peace.
The room was a 1 bed, basic but with everything you need. Clean and comfortable. The staff were easy going and helpful and friendly. My kids had a blast and loved having a pool. I can't think of anything negative. It was an awesome time. Thank you Tamarind staff for making our last month in SXM one we will never forget. Oner day we hope to be back and will be running to The Tamarind:)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank travellers5forever

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Just returned from a short break, 10 days, at The Tamarind, the booking was made at short notice and unfortunately the only room available was back onto the farm with the cockerel. However, this room, 12, must have better glazing than the others I've stayed in as I was not woken once by the cockerel. Barking dogs also seem to have lost their voices, even decided to use the balcony for a couple of really relaxing days, so peaceful. The improvement that Paul is putting in place are also making a difference. Hope to be back in St Maarten in November, and it will be to the Tamarind.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed here, due to an unexpected stay on St. Maarten, after our flight to Saba couldn't land there due to dangerous wind conditions. With the Regatta in town, we couldn't stay nearer the airport but we were very happy with this hotel. Small room with an even smaller bathroom, but also kitchenette, and everything was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The grounds looked beautiful, but we didn't have much time to enjoy them.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My third year at the Tamarind in a 1bdrm apt on the ground floor with a basically equiped kitchen.Some units are owned by individuals who rent them on long term basis ..monthly or more, or short term. Best deal is monthly. A few of us return every year so it is great to visit with familiar people around the pool. It is a quiet place as there is no restaurant or bar on site. There are neighbourhood dogs that do bark & roosters that crow in the early morning. Some people use machines that make white noise to help them sleep.
It is 5min walk to the pier where the cruise ships dock & another 15 to downtown Philipsburg where there is shopping, restaurants, swimming, & casinos. As there are many beaches, restaurants, grocery stores renting a car is a good idea. The staff, Paul & Henny will suggest rental agencies. They are very helpful & welcoming as are the security staff. I always feel safe there so I had no concerns as I travelled solo this year.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I stayed at the Tamarind Hotel for the 2nd time from mid Jan to mid Mar 2012 & willL return again in Feb 2013 because it is very affordable especially on long term basis. It is not on the water but is within walking distance to Philipsburg -shopping,restaurants,beach. Location makes exploring the island easy. The grounds surrounding the pool have many lush & beautiful bushes, flowers, & trees. Staff are friendly & helpful. The one bdrm I stay in has a street outside & is a little noisy with morning traffic but other wise is quiet. The unit has fridge, microwave, hot plate & kitchen essentials. There are laundry facilities on site. If you need action this is not the place for you as it is quiet & relaxing. Looking forward to returning in Feb.

Room Tip: if stairs are difficult ask for a ground floor unit
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Dianne D
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stood there a week ago and I stood there in a couple of months ago.

And the room #22 I got this time didn't worth the $95.00 where as I paid the same price and got a spacious room #35 if I remembered correctly. Could barely turn around in the bathroom, no microwave.

That room was worth $75.00 and not $95.00.

I love the location and atmosphere but that room was a disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The Tamarind Hotel gave myself and my two daughters a central location on the island of St. Martin. Its location allowed us easy access to explore what the island offers. We chose different beaches. rain forest walks, sightseeing and restaurants that offered excellent food and variety.Shopping with two daughters was enjoyable even for me. With a car rental we chose different destinations to explore and enjoy. The Tamarind was our base and afforded us the comforts of home. The pool with a beautiful perimeter of flowering plants, trees and gardens with singing birds delivered to us a tropical environment to rest when tired and exhausted. Our room was clean, beds and furniture were new and comfortable. The staff works tirelessly and makes the Hotel a pleasant and affordable stay.
The best is the sun and relaxation and the comfort knowing that the grounds, our room and accomdations were pleasant, rewarding and reliable. The management at this hotel deserves the credit and all the improvements speak for themselves. Your happy guest Chris Agoliati.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family