“I would've paid more if I knew it was this awesome!”
Review of PADI Caribbean Dive College - CLOSED

PADI Caribbean Dive College
More attraction details
Owner description: The PADI IDC Resort "Caribbean Dive College" is your one stop for all your diving needs on St. Maarten. Your holiday fun dives as well as your PADI, National Geographic, DAN, DSAT or HSA (dive) course, from your very first try dive all the way to PADI Master Instructor, are organised and supervised by the highest qualified, multilingual dive staff you can wish for. The brand new, well maintained gear is the icing on the cake. Our staff are also the only qualified SNUBA guides on the island of St. Maarten.Diving and all underwater activities, you do with Caribbean Dive College! The island's only Nat Geo center!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We did the Discover Scuba Diving course. Amazing.
I was a bit nervous to go diving but they make it very easy. The instructors are incredibly nice people and speak both Dutch and English - probably even more languages. They don't push you too much and give you and make you feel comfortable while on shore, in the water and most importantly, under water.
Milica guided us through the theoretical part of it and makes sure everybody understand everything very well.
During the preparations and dive itself I was instructed by Demian, very friendly and funny guy, but stays on top of everything and keeps an close eye on you under water. Not for a single moment did I feel unsafe or the bad kind of nervous.
Soinet, the captain, was a great guy as well. Constantly smiling and making sure everybody that tagged along had a good time as well.
Food and drinks were included in the price.
The only bad thing I can think of is that it had to end.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This dive college at SXM (philipsburg) takes very good care of their dive students. The lessons were fun and easy to understand. The last dive at the reef was a great experience with lots of beautifull sea creatures. Thanks cdc.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We came to the island on a cruise and couldn't get a scuba excursion booked through the ship so we wandered around until we found these guys- what a great thing! Half price of ship excursion and better from what we heard! Three teenagers who have never dove before had an amazing time with Sandra, and my husband and I with Michele! Use these guys! They were awesome!

2  Thank Brandyly
Reviewed 10 April 2014

These guys are real professionals! The have a large boat with plenty of room to move around. I went to 2 dive sites, the carib ghost (a wreck), and cable reef (a site where the old fiber cables come into the island and a small wreck). There was TONS of great sea life including sea turtles, sharks, lobsters, and much more. The wreck was wonderful and they will let you swim through and inside of it if you are certified to do so and wish to. At the end of the 2 dives they hand out glasses of rum punch which was an added bonus. They were extremely friendly. Highly recommended!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just got back from a few days in St. Maarten. While in Philipsburg we did 5 dives and they were great. The wreck Carib Ghost is awesome the depth allows for maximum exploration and not too far off shore. Reef and nurse sharks,turtles,morays, lots of sea life. The Dive masters did an excellent job locating small sea life and keeping an eye on the divers. A good call by the manager for canceling the second tank due for rough conditions and offered my money back. I returned the next day and just paid for one more. First time I see a dive operator cancel a dive in 4 years. Boat captain Dale and the crew are excellent. Great job to Michele for catching the diver not paying attention to his air consumption that had maybe 5 breaths left. Will go back in June.

2  Thank Alex A