“Great Experience!”
Review of PADI Caribbean Dive College - CLOSED

PADI Caribbean Dive College
More attraction details
Owner description: The PADI IDC Resort "Caribbean Dive College" is your one stop for all your diving needs on St. Maarten. Your holiday fun dives as well as your PADI, National Geographic, DAN, DSAT or HSA (dive) course, from your very first try dive all the way to PADI Master Instructor, are organised and supervised by the highest qualified, multilingual dive staff you can wish for. The brand new, well maintained gear is the icing on the cake. Our staff are also the only qualified SNUBA guides on the island of St. Maarten.Diving and all underwater activities, you do with Caribbean Dive College! The island's only Nat Geo center!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 November 2016

While visiting St. Maarten via Carnival Cruise, we booked a dive not knowing what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised and impressed with both the dive operator and the diving itself. Saw lots of reef and nurse sharks, eagle rays, huge lobsters, a wreck and a turtle. So much fun and the professionalism was on point. The owner (forgot his name) met us on the ship and carried all of my gear to his boat...I love a gentleman and the dive master "Tiffany" was equally as kind. She realized that I was a bit intimidated by the "sharks" so she held my hand when she suspected I was uncomfortable. Great Experience and I would dive with them again!

AquAvia, Manager at PADI Caribbean Dive College, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you for your review Karry, but you were not diving with CDC. You have been diving with Octopus Diving SXM and I am encouraging you to leave your nice review with them as they clearly have deserved it.

Warmest regards,

Michel - SNUBA SXM

Reviewed 22 September 2015

So after doing my due diligence, I e-mailed to get booking details and was responded to by the folks at Octopus Diving. It would seem that they have taken over the shop and dive operations at Bobbys Marina.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

Just come back from an awesome week on St Maarten and would HIGHLY recommend CDC/ went for a two tank dive, first on Caribe Ghost, a shipwrek whioch is teaming with fish, saw sharks, eagle rays, turtles and so many lobsters that I lost count ! This probably the best dive i will EVER do as there was just so much variety !! Second dive was Maze, which was also a great dive. Divermasters on boars all incredibly friendly and large boat with loads of room to gear up , and the section at the front great for storing dry gear, the boat even has a bothroom on board .... nice !!

Highly recommend this dive center, the staff and if your

1  Thank scubascot
Reviewed 5 May 2015

This was my first visit to St Maartin and I booked a 2 tank dive through the cruise ship.
We were met inside the ship by someone from the shop and had our waivers filled out and C cards checked before we ever left the ship. The shop is very close to the port and in a very nice area. The boat crew was great and the dives were just beautiful, I was able to get a great video of an eagle ray and a reef shark and an abundance of other marine life and the reefs and water were just beautiful.

1  Thank craigster47
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 February 2015

We booked our excursion through Royal Caribbean cruise for St.Maartin in January 2015. We had booked it as a family excursion. We decided to do the snuba over the Sea Trek helmet with a maze because of the freedom we had to move around. Our children's ages range from 14 to 26 and we all had an amazing time. We were able to see barracuda, a sea turtle and stingray. The guides were awesome and patient. My husband was having some trouble with his mask and mouth piece and they took the time to fix his gear comfortably and to make sure he was comfortable to dive. We had 3 certified divers. They explained the process of snuba and the plan in clear detail. They were with us every step and re assuring in the whole experience. We loved it. In the end we were very glad that we did the snuba and not the helmet as we were able to see the sea trek area just by snorkeling over the area while waiting for our turn at the snuba. So we got to see both. They also offered the adults a really cold rum beverage AFTER the excursion. Awesome, safe and fun.

1  Thank murphy1992