“Had a great day!”
Review of Pirate Tours

Pirate Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore St Maarten/Saint Martin in a modern day Pirate Tours Speedboat that rips through the water with grace, style and comfort. The Captain will navigate the blue Caribbean waters to explore the beautiful beaches and reefs that both the Dutch and French sides of the island have to offer. Come seek the hidden treasures and jewels of the Caribbean with us. The Pirate Tour trip provides a boat excursion that is not just sightseeing the island of St.Maarten and Saint Martin, we also bring you to Creole Rock and Tintamarre, only reachable by boat. There you will get the opportunity to sun on the white sand beach or strap on your fins and mask to snorkel with the green and hawksbill turtles native to this Caribbean paradise. Once hunted close to extinction, Tintamarre is now part of the St.Martin Nature Reserve and we ask that you not “ride the turtle” as we wish to preserve the beauty and serenity of the area. Fins, Mask and Snorkel are supplied by the boat but feel free to bring your own if you have the equipment. Lunch, Drinks & transportation Included This trip departs every day at 10:00 a.m. returns at 4:00 p.m. from Waterplay Marina in Philipsburg.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Climb on the Pirate Tour and hold on tight! This was a great day with a great guide. As the other reviews caution, the boat (which has nothing to do with pirates, by the way) is a high-speed powerboat that does about 55 mph at points. You will find yourself holding on for dear life and bouncing up and down. You (and your camera and clothes) will get wet! (But your guide can put everything in the hold that you need to keep dry.) The speed allows the tour to cover a lot of ground during the day. We started with a quick tour then on to Tintemarre Island. We snorkeled there, but, unfortunately, there were very few turtles. We then headed to Pinel Island for a quick stop of this tranquil and beautiful island. Then on to Creole Rock for more snorkeling. Our next stop was in Grand Case, where we lunched at a scenic little restaurant (Enold's?) on the beach. We then headed back to Phillipsburg, with a tour of the high-end properties in the Lowlands and a quick stop near the airport in Maho to watch the planes take off.

A word about the high speed and bouncing: as a group of four near-60 year-olds, we enjoyed the ride. However, be warned that anyone with back problems should think twice about taking this ride.

Our guide/captain/waiter was Fab, a young French native. He pointed out all the highlights, told us a few local stories and gave us all a great experience. There were only about 11 of us on the boat, so it was much more personal. (As an aside, he also featured a great selection of classic rock on the sound system.) He was extremely accommodating and a great host.

A warning: there is no bathroom on the boat, so make sure you take advantage of the facilities on Pinel and in Grand Case.)

Perhaps the only negative about the day was the "bar" on the boat. This consisted of beer, water and soda. For those who do not favor beer, there's not much to drink. No wine, no rum punch, nothing.

We had a great time on the Pirate Tour. If you're okay with the speed and bouncing, it will be the highlight of your St. Maarten trip.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Pirate Tour HOOKS U up!!! If you like to get crazy and love to have fun take this wild ride. The Captian was very experienced and knowledgeable with the islands and lotsa of fun. He takes you snorkling and to Pinel Island and to an amazing lunch. Hold on to your hat, He lets it rip!!! Good thing your butt can't get a concussion!!! You will be having a very good time on this trip!!! I guarantee!!! I am still laughing!!!

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I loved our day with Tyrell as the captain of our boat! He was informative, fun and a great host. We had a full day of boating, snorkeling, swimming, beach time, unlimited drinks and an excellent lunch on the beach. I can't wait to come back and do this excursion again next year! It is the best excursion I've ever been on!

Be aware that 30 mph in a boat feels much faster than 30 mph in a car, if you are uncomfortable in a boat this may not be for you! There can be large swells in the ocean and it gets rough. Also, climbing in and out a boat can be very challenging if you have mobility issues. You literally have to pull your body weight up and out of the water onto the boat, that's the nature of boating. I'm not discouraging people from this but feel like all the negative reviews were from people who don't understand the nature of this activity. Just be aware.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We booked this tour online through reviews we found on Trip Advisor. We met Captain Chris at the dock and we got on board. The trip includes an unlimited amount of beer, soda, diet soda and water. We circled the island of St. Maarten at the start of our tour. We made several stops usually for about 30 minutes so that we can swim and snorkel. There was a 3 month old baby on our boat so don't think you can't handle what's in store. This is a very exciting trip that I would love to do again and will always be on my mind when I visit this island. I've been to St. Maarten 4 times prior and found out what I have been missing all the while.