“Great chocolate that won't make it home”

The Belgian Chocolate Box by Beatrix
Ranked #27 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
Staten Island, New York, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great chocolate that won't make it home”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The chocolates at this place are fantastic. Choose from their wonderful variety and make your own unique box of chocolates. They also have a chocolate fountain dripping with Belgian chocolate and a variety of items to enrobe. You better buy more than one box if you plan on giving these chocolates as gifts, because most of them won't make it home.

3 Thank James C

Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Delicious”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Just finished eating a box of those very fine chocolates the owner Beatrix is very funny and friendly and makes all the tasty chocolates herself it was almost 5 pm and no line at all so it was awesome service and experience, I would defiantly recommend trying a few. Caramel and pecan were my favourite.

3 Thank Jacations
Baltimore, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I would not recommend”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am writing after returning from a cruise to St. Maarten. I visited your location in Phillipsburg and found the staff very friendly and helpful. At that time, I was not quite ready to make a decision so I decided to drop in to the location on the cruise port to purchase some chocolates. My experience at this location was disappointing and I left without any chocolates.
There was a long line, understandable as it was the end of the day. After waiting in line for 15 minutes, it was finally my turn. The employee instead skipped over me and the woman behind me to help the 3rd person in line. Granted, she was asking if customers were simply picking up a previous order. No problem. I could wait if she was just moving the line along. However, the 3rd customer was picking up an order and then proceeded to try and order 20 more pieces of chocolate. At that point, I felt the employee should have said, "I would love to help you with that order, but I will first help these customers in line." She did not. She proceeded to help the 3rd customer in line. When I and the 2nd person in line said that we were in line first and would like to be helped, the employee ignored us and continued to help the 3rd person in line. At that point, I stepped out of line. I will not give my patronage to a business that is run in this manner. The patron behind me also left as she was disgusted at the service.

I wanted to share my experience with you so that others do not experience the same. Royal Caribbean does endorse your business and with this endorsement comes a certain level of expected service. I also alerted the Shopping Team on Royal Caribbean about my experience.

I'm sorry that I did not have the chance to sample your product, but refuse to be treated in such a dismissive manner.

3 Thank Kristie T
Ottawa, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Infuse your senses as you cool off in a petite little shop with heavenly chocolate aroma. As you enter you are welcomed by a small sample to tickle your taste buds and seduce you to purchase more for a snack later. These artisan chocolates are made with quality belgian chocolate and handmade with love. Yummy yummy yummy!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ETOILE555
Northern Virginia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“The Espresso Bean Chocolate is Smooth and Delicious”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My daughter and I visited the branch at the cruise ship port before we boarded our ship. The shop is located very conveniently near the taxi curb and is easy to find. We bought all of the non-nut milk and dark chocolates in a mix and match box, as well as the chocolate covered waffles, some caramel bars and some chocolate drops. Everything was delicious and of high quality. I will definitely come back here!

Visited March 2014