Caribbean Segway Tours
Ranked #44 of 56 Tours in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience first-hand the Segway’s amazing abilities as you explore St. Maarten's spectacular beaches and lively waterfront on your hour and a half guided Segway tour along the beachfront boardwalk at Philipsburg, the capital of Dutch St. Maarten. You will be surprised at the ease with which young and old alike learn to master riding the Segway. What a great way to beat the heat and take in some sights of this scenic Caribbean port city
Reviewed 23 June 2013

During back-to-back cruises on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas, the ship made it's first port of call in St. Maarten. I decided to try riding a Segway for the first time and signed up for their excursion which was with this company. At first, I wondered what I'd gotten myself into when I read the liability form I had to sign. What was this about LACERATIONS???? However, our guide the super nice Wellington helped put me at some ease and was very patient with everyone in my group. All of us were new to riding a Segway. Also, the company was VERY safety conscious issuing elbow and knee pads as well as helmets. Lastly, Wellington explained the number 1 rule, don't hit anything with the Segway. Why? Because you're very likely to fall off if you do as you are balancing on just 2 wheels on your feet.

Wellington was a pro with the Segway and worked with us to where everyone got comfortable riding the Segways. We went up and down the full length of the Boardwalk as well as on the beach some. The Segways had rough terrain tires so, they didn't have any problem rolling over the sand. Also, after riding the length of the Boardwalk, he gave us a break at a restaurant along the Boardwalk where we could buy a nice cold drink and give our feet a rest. I found after a while, my feet did begin to hurt a little though I don't know why barring that you do put a lot of pressure on them as they are how you direct how the Segway will go i.e. you press the front of your feet down to go forward or you press your heels down to go backward.

Overall, this was a great way to check out Philipsburg's Boardwalk. Because of the Segway, you're about a foot off the ground so, you're able to see over people. Wellington the tour guide was particularly awesome. He was even willing to take your picture of you on your Segway with your camera. I ended up enjoying riding the Segway so much, I couldn't wait to do another Segway excursion when I made port in Bermuda. I'd definitely recommend this tour to anyone who has never ridden a Segway before or who has as I think both types would enjoy it.

1  Thank LOTRfan

Reviewed 27 April 2013

we had the seways for about 30 minutes they showed us to use them safely and we traveled around the beach area that was beautiful and had a good time. try it when in philipsburg.

2  Thank alanh45953
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was a great experience and none of us had ever been on a segway before. Wellington was our guide and he was such a sweetie ! He made sure we were all comfortable with the segway and safety equipment was a must...and we have the funky elbow pad tan lines to prove it. Wellington is very personable and ensured we all had a blast. I would definately do this tour again. The time flew by so I don't remember how long it was.

1  Thank jettta
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was a really fun experience for my husband and myself, and a great place to experience the Segway, in Philipsburg, St. Maarten. After donning safety helmet, elbow and knee pads and getting a short introduction to the use of the Segway, we were off with our guide for a trip up and down the boardwalk and the beach. We stopped about halfway through the time for a cold drink at a boardwalk venue, then headed out for more riding. Our guide even used our camera to take several pictures of us to prove our prowess on the Segways!

1  Thank OnthegoGram
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We also had Wellington as a guide and it was fun for us and our two children. It really isn't as long as expected but well worth the fun. I would take this tour again and would recommend for others with children.( mine are 11and13)

1  Thank Geog50