“Beyond Amazing!!”

Sea Trek St. Maarten
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Trek St. Maarten is a 2 ½ hour tour excursion that runs several times daily. The tour starts with a 5 minute walk from the gangway to the water taxi pier and a 10 minute boat ride out to our staging area. Once on board the Sea Trek dock your guide will give a safety briefing and will answer any questions that you may have. The underwater trek itself takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete; based on the number of guests participating in that particular tour, 2 separate tours may be made. Each tour will have no more than 10 guests and will have a minimum of 3 Sea Trek staff members with the tour at all times as a safety precaution. If there are 2 groups participating in the tour, while one group is underwater the other guests are offered the opportunity to go for a snorkel while they wait. Once both groups have completed the Sea Trek tour there will be an opportunity to buy photos taken of you on the trek before boarding the boat and getting shuttled back to the cruise ship pier or the main land.Helmet diving feeds continuous air through low pressure lines on the surface down to the Sea Trekker under water. The air pressure inside the helmet keeps the water level right around shoulder height and the majority of the time you won’t even get your hair wet. You climb down a ladder from the Sea Trek dock that reaches 20 feet down to the ocean floor. The track, a loop approximately 300 feet long, takes you past both natural and artificial reefs such as a helicopter, a plane, a submarine, King Neptune and 2 canons salvaged from Fort Amsterdam. You’ll be also invited to interact with some of the local sea creatures along the way. Once back to the beginning of the track loop you climb the ladder back onto the dock while personally lead both up and down the ladder by a guide or safety diver.Min 8 yrs. and able to walk and climb a ladder. You have to be in good physical condition and sign a waiver. This tour is not recommended for guests with physical disabilities, a pacemaker, severe asthma, claustrophobia or for women over 3 months pregnant. Max depth is 20 feet. There are tee shirts, sodas and bottled water available for purchase after the tour – cash only please. No rest room available at the platform. No secured lockers available.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This experience that my girlfriend and I had was a once in a lifetime experience. The staff was amazing and funny. They were great at explaining and setting everyone up. The underwater experience is mind blowing!! This is a must stop when at St. Maarten.

2  Thank Aplninja
in 23 reviews
"safety briefing"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This has be one of the top excursions I have been on. My wife and I had a blast. Still talking about it. If your in St. Maarten and you have always wanted to know what it is like to SCUBA try Sea Trek you will not be disappointed. The staff was great, patient an understanding. Purchased the pics on the flash drive they came out great. Cant wait to see the pics I took with my underwater cam.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Exhilarating and exciting excursion, The Staff Josh,Chin,Helma and Terry were very friendly and made you feel very comfortable and it was a very safe underwater experience, pictures that were taken underwater were beautiful also.

1  Thank scott2438
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We enjoyed this trek so much. I have poor eyesight and the only way I could snuba was to go with Seatrek. I was able to wear my prescription glasses. It was fabulous! You don't feel confined within the snuba headwear. We just thought the crew was friendly, helpful and encouraging. We love the thumbdrive with our pictures enjoying the dive.

We were a little disappointed that some of the shots taken were not on the drive, but maybe they didn't come out well enough for their standards.

We highly recommend this as you also get to snorkel quite a bit while other groups are diving.

1  Thank mcbeth63
seatrekker2011, Front Office Manager at Sea Trek St. Maarten, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm very happy you had a good time on our tour. Please send us an email with the date, departure time and group number and I'll send you a link to all pictures of your group. (info@seatrekstmaarten.com) Then you can check if you have received all pictures or not. If not, you can download the missing pictures.
If you are missing pictures now I do apologize for this. We do our best to prevent any errors but sometimes even best is not enough.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We did this as a shore excursion from Oasis of the Seas. I have never even snorkelled so I was a bit nervous especially when they kept telling us how important it was to equalise the pressure in your ears. After a safety talk we were brought over to the ladder and climbed into the sea until we were up to our chest they then put the dive helmet on. These are heavy...75lbs and weigh 15lbs under the water. There were a few kids who tried the helmet and went down the first few steps of the ladder but quickly came back up saying they didn't like it. It could have been the weight of the helmet. I'm petite and found it very heavy even when under the water but not enough to put me off. I would also imagine anyone who is claustrophobic may not like the sensation of the helmet. I normally wear glasses but had contacts in either way it would have been no problem. It's true when they say you don't even get your hair wet! Once under the water there is a diver who guides you down the ladder and makes sure you are feeling ok. You are advised to equalise your ears every 2nd step. Trust me you'll know when you need to do this. You can put your hand up under the helmet to pinch your nose and blow out to do this. Once on the walkway we had to wait for everyone else to descend. Two guys then led us around pointing out the sea life and took our photo. It took about 20-25 minutes to complete. You can then buy a USB with the photos taken for $35 which contains photos of everyone who was on the tour not just yourselves. I really enjoyed the experience and would recommend giving it a go.

2  Thank wibblywobblyone