“One island, two countries, one great hotel!”

Holland House Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Philipsburg
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had an awesome time at Holland House. Definitely worth the upgrade to a room with a view of the beach and boardwalk. Good food and drink, but slow service in the restaurant and bar in the evenings and yes we know all about island time. If only everyone was as efficient as Roy on the beach, fast and friendly service there!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsdlv

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed there for 2 night on my trip to St. Maarten. The hotel is on one side facing the beach and the other side the front street with shops. the service is fantastic, staff are so friendly and help full, food is good and the rooms are clean. so if you go to St. Maartin don't bother to look for another hotel just simply book Holland House beach Hotel and your stay will be unforgettable. next time I go back to St. Maartin I will be staying there again and again.

Room Tip: I does not matter what room you have - the they each have their own charm
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Julietta S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed a few days there, thought just to book a hotel near the pier, but that turned out to fall in love with the entire hotel, the signature drinks, the tasty food and the warmhearted staff.

A real catch,that's why we came back after 2 weeks sailing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Love the convenience! Rooms are great, service is awesome. Luciana planned our entire getaway and the staff is super helpful. My recommendation- get an aloe massage on the beach from Norma with the orange hat!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank pm3292003
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I recently celebrated our two year wedding anniversary in St. Maarten. I think that it is important that readers understand what to expect if staying at the Holland House. There are both pros and cons to consider and I will try to evenly highlight both. First off, the Holland House is obviously not a five star hotel. If that is what you are expecting, stay elsewhere. I must admit, from reading the reviews, I expected much more from the basic ocean view room before I arrived. Me and my husband were disappointed when we arrived in our ocean view room. The room was rather small, a bit dated, and had a strange, unpleasant odor. We immediately called down to the front desk to see what could be done about the room. To our surprise, the management upgraded us to the Junior Suite. This room was sooooo much better. It smelled very clean and was very spacious. The balcony also offered a great view of the beach. I realize that this room is much more expensive than the others, but if you are staying at the Holland House and want a spacious, comfortable, and modern room, book the Junior Suite. The regular ocean view doesn't even compare. If you are ok with a small and dated looking room, try the street or ocean view. The Junior Suite has two televisions and an amazing ceiling fan that goes at such a high speed, sometimes a/c was not necessary. The only con to this room was that there was a strange sewage smell that came from the bathroom during the evening on two different occasions. The smell lasted for about half an hour each time, and eventually fully dissipated. This may have been due to some issue within the entire hotel, I am not sure. Overall, this was a very good room. I cannot stress enough, if you are picky about your living quarters, book the Junior Suite!! It is even more modern that the Penthouse Suite. We had an issue with our key during our stay and management offered to upgrade us again to the Penthouse. While it was very large and roomy, it was definitely more dated than the smaller Junior Suite, so we opted to stay in the Junior Suite.

The breakfast buffet was included in our booking and it was awesome. Along with the buffet, we were able to have the kitchen prepare another complimentary item each morning. We mostly asked for omelettes, and on one occasion we had french toast which was delicious. The area where you eat is very nice and offers a great view of the beach and board walk. Ceiling fans were on to keep the area cool. The eating and lounging areas are some of the nicest things about the hotel.

The people at the front desk were great about helping request a taxi for us whenever we needed to go out for a distance. They also sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne on the night of our anniversary, which was very nice.

All in all, staying in the Holland House is all about what you are expecting. Again, if you want a five star experience, you should probably look at the more expensive places on the island. If you are looking for comfort and great access to the beach, boardwalk, and Frontstreet, stay at the Holland House and request the Junior Suite.

Room Tip: I cannot stress enough, if you want to be comfortable book the Junior Suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank candice w
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I would like to thank all of the staff and management for making my fiancé and I feel like a home away from home. The service is OUTSTANDING and the employees are amazing. Thank Roy at the bar, Keisha at the Resturant, and Luisanny at the Front Desk for amazing service. I also would like to thank the gentleman (can't remember his name) who made sure the lobby was cleaned. Housekeeping kept our room clean and said good morning/afternoon everyday. We will be back and recommend this Hotel to our family and friends.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shacazia B
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I traveled end of June 2014 for business. I stayed at HHBH for 5 nights. The pictures from the web site represent well the Hotel. Beach Front, Near many shopping stores. A quick drive to almost anywhere on the island. My room was clean I had a ocean view (very nice). Near the cruise ships dock. So when ships are In, it brings a lot of people, but always have a place on the beach, since the Hotel have a reserved section with chairs & umbrellas for the Hotel Guest.

The Food is Amazing at the Hotel Restaurant, I try many things and they we're all good. I would definitely be back to HHBH.

You can also get service directly on the beach, they can serve you your drinks even meals.

Special Hello To Roy (Bartender) Orange Juice & Club Soda ;-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Richard H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
Princess Heights Hotel
Grand Case Beach Club
Grand Case Beach Club
#2 of 8 in Grand Case
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina

Been to Holland House Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!