“Top notch!”

Holland House Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Philipsburg
“Top notch!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I loved staying at the Holland House Beach Hotel in St. Maarten. It's perfectly located in the center of the best shopping area in Philipsburg and it's on the beach. The hotel rooms are very clean, comfortable and modern. (Try to get a room with a beach view.) The hotel also has a good restaurant and a nice bar in the lobby. I recommend arranging to have breakfast there daily during your stay.

The staff was friendly, but I owe the biggest and warmest thanks to Luisanny who works at the front desk. I was traveling alone and she went out of her way to help me plan activities, which included arranging transportation, and she periodically called to see how I was doing. She really cared. When I admired a pair of earrings that she had on, she went to the store, which was nearby, when I told her that they didn't have them. It turns out that they did and I am wearing them now. On the last night of my stay, she recommended a restaurant where I could order in. We both ordered and she offered to eat with me so that I wouldn't have to eat alone again. (Now, I wish that I could find those stuffed crabs here in New York City.) Thank you very much for everything Luisanny! You were a Godsend. :-)
I also want to thank the friendly staff in the restaurant who served breakfast and Georgina (I hope I have that name right. It may be Georgette), the hostess who greeted me when I had dinner there. Also, thank you to the housekeeping staff. They were very friendly and efficient.

I hope that I will have the opportunity to visit St. Maarten and stay at this hotel again and I will definitely recommend it to my friends. I will tell them to look for you Luisanny. :-)

Paulette B.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Paulette B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Holland House on the beach at St Maarten - a wonderful place to stay - always a good choice! A Boutique Hotel - not your Westin or Samana, but definitely a GREAT place to stay when traveling to St Maarten for business or pleasure. Right on the beach on the Dutch side, walking distance to Front Street shops and restaurants. Ask for a room with an oceanfront view - you will love the cruise ships afar, the sunsets, the palm trees, the sailboats, etc. The staff have always been helpful and courteous - good food & drinks too!

Room Tip: Upgrade to ocean view room - totally worth the extra $.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Yoly M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The location is Prime, The Food is Gourmet and the Restaurant Manager is of the Finest Caliber , The staff is very Helpful and Professional. The NEW Ocean Bar is Amazing with a great Bartender, Roy who made our beach service very pleasant. This is undoubtedly the best stay in St Maarten The room was comfortable and clean. We will definitely come back again to stay.
Quinn

Room Tip: Rooms with the ocean views are especially great as you are directly on the Ocean!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Donald Q
Woodbridge, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had an awesome time at Holland House. Definitely worth the upgrade to a room with a view of the beach and boardwalk. Good food and drink, but slow service in the restaurant and bar in the evenings and yes we know all about island time. If only everyone was as efficient as Roy on the beach, fast and friendly service there!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsdlv
Marigot Bay, St. Lucia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed there for 2 night on my trip to St. Maarten. The hotel is on one side facing the beach and the other side the front street with shops. the service is fantastic, staff are so friendly and help full, food is good and the rooms are clean. so if you go to St. Maartin don't bother to look for another hotel just simply book Holland House beach Hotel and your stay will be unforgettable. next time I go back to St. Maartin I will be staying there again and again.

Room Tip: I does not matter what room you have - the they each have their own charm
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Julietta S
Mary Esther, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed a few days there, thought just to book a hotel near the pier, but that turned out to fall in love with the entire hotel, the signature drinks, the tasty food and the warmhearted staff.

A real catch,that's why we came back after 2 weeks sailing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Love the convenience! Rooms are great, service is awesome. Luciana planned our entire getaway and the staff is super helpful. My recommendation- get an aloe massage on the beach from Norma with the orange hat!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank pm3292003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philipsburg
Grand Case Beach Club
Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in Oyster Pond

Been to Holland House Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!