“Wonderful time, worth the trip.”

Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit
Book In Advance
More Info
US$12.00*
and up
Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit Tour in St Maarten
Ranked #3 of 56 things to do in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit, nestled amongst Front Street's duty free jewelry stores, is possibly the most surprising enterprise in the Caribbean. Who would expect to find Darth Vader, Pinhead from HELLRAISER and Riddley Scott's ALIEN in St Maarten? But this unprecedented showcase has that and a whole lot more. There are displays that span six decades of movie making, relics from THE TERMINATOR, MEN IN BLACK and even THE MALTISE FALCAN. There's also an incredible collection of lifecasts, the actual faces of Hollywood stars, From Bogart & Brando, though Sean Connery & Jack Nicholson to Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp & Angelina Jolle. The collection is extended to include famous historical figures too… the actual faces of Abraham Lincoln, (cast 3 months before his assassination), Benjamin Franklin and George Washington, (cast in. 1778 and 1783 respectively by french sculptor Jean Antoine Houden), and death masks of both Oliver Cromwell, (1658) and Vladimir Lenin (1924). The Exhibit is the brainchild of Hollywood creature effects wizard Nick Maley, known as "that Yoda Guy" for his contribution to the creation of Yoda for the STAR WARS sagas. If you don't know who Nick is, just google his name. He made over 50 movies, including SUPERMAN, HIGHLANDER, KRULL & LIFEFORCE, worked with Hollywood legends like Sean Connery, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Harrison Ford, (you will see them all in the exhibit), was featured in CINEMAX and HBO specials, won a place in THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS and was nominated for an EMMY. Nick shares his professional perspective on the making of famous movies via DVD and, if you are lucky enough to find him there, he will dedicate purchases from the Yoda Guy Shop and do photos with customers. The Shop sells signed movie memorabilia, posters, antique STAR WARS comics, behind the scene photos and storyboards… unique autographed slices of STAR WARS history that become a legacy to pass on through the family. There's also Nick's celebrated Caribbean artwork, (exhibited in galleries in 18 countries and toured the world with UNESCO. Nick and his wife Gloria have created the Yoda Guy Movie Museum Foundation, a not for profit group to oversee the Exhibit's development. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to support the museum and visit a STAR WARS celebrity. It is recommended on all major cruise lines as a MUST SEE for art and movie fans.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My son was left speechless as he met That Yoda Guy. He was so excited and to be close up to all the Star Wars stuff was very exciting. We had a great time and took some great photos.

1  Thank Marielleanne

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am a movie fan. Not necessarily a "Star Wars" fan. That's why I was very much surprised by what I saw while shopping in the main Phillipsburg street. A "Yoda Guy" museum. It's tiny collection, there are some real movie exhibits. Take your time to see all and listen to all (from DVD's). The admission is 10USD. For some may be a lot of money. Still, the guy who made Yoda is living there readily available to speak to you about the more than fifity movies he made. As somebody already mentioned: this experience is about quality, not quantity. And it's not a "Star Wars only" museum.
Nick Maley is a very nice, personable man who would answer your questions and pose for photos. He has for sale, prints of his artwork - most are Star Wars related. Still, he also sells prints of his personal art as well.
It's worth a catch. Still, some Star Wars fans may be a little disappointed.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had the day in St Martin during our cruise on Allure of the Seas. After hearing about the little Yoda museum (and as star wars fans) we made sure to check it out at the end of our day. We were there for an hour at most as it was only small, but a little treasure trove of collectibles.
We paid US$20 for all five of us to get in, which I was later refunded when we purchased some prints from the shop. Nick kindly signed them and chatted us to before we left. We also paid a few dollars to have pictures with the big star trooper near the entry.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Didn't expect a Star Wars exhibit in the Caribbean! That was the only cool factor. Other than Stormtrooper and Yoda that you can see before paying to go in, there were a few memorabilia in the small place. Like the other reviewer said, $5 would have been ok. Nonetheless, interesting...

2  Thank Brian_Kay123
YodaGuy, Owner at Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I guess I should start by asking the reader, if Brian’s “poor” review is justified, how come we have four hundred and forty “excellent” and “very good”” reviews, that have made us a TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award winner?

It seems somewhat uncharitable for Brian to criticize us when the Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit is a NON PROFIT foundation established to encourage children (and adults) to follow their dreams and be all they can be. Maybe he didn’t listen when we told him that, just as we told him that we have packed a LOT of items into a small space and if the rushed through without reading the captions and listening to the DVDs then he would miss a lot and wonder why he went in. (I tell the same thing to everyone who goes through.) In fact, the strength of the exhibit is that it explains things about making movies that are not commonly known. If people wander through glancing at items, drawing their own conclusions and guessing what they are looking at… they learn nothing and miss the whole point of the exhibit. It seems like that is what Brian has done.

Amongst the “few memorabilia” Brian describes in his review are the costumes of Darth Vader, a Tusken Raider, a Stormtrooper, Emperor Palpatine, Salacious Crumb, stuff from Highlander, Superman, Terminator, Alien, MIB, Lifeforce, the Excorcist & Pinhead from Hellraiser. There is also a big collection of lifecasts of movie stars. So visitors come face to face with Harrison Ford, Michael Jackson, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Robert DeNero, Arnold Schwartzeneger, Mohamad Ali, Sean Connery, Marlon Brando, James Dean, Clark Gable, Humphrey Bogart, and many more. We even have lifecasts of historical personalities. Where else can a visitor see the actual, 3 diminutional face of Abraham Lincoln? or Benjamin Franklin, George Washington & Beethoven. We even have the death mask of Oliver Cromwell from the 1600s. How much does Brian expect for $10 per person or $20 for a family of up to 8 people?

The review also completely overlooks the cost that he would incur in the USA in order to meet a veteran Star Wars alumni like myself in America, ($160 just to get into the next Lucasfilm convention). Something he took for granted before writing his scathing review.

The Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit is a not for profit foundation with the registered aims (i) To preserve the history of the making of the Star Wars and other feature films, told through movie relics, artifacts and the personal accounts of people actually involved in making these films. (ii) To preserve the legacy of movie personalities involved in creating famous movies by telling their stories and recording their experiences. (iii) To preserve accounts of those experiences digitally on interactive dvd’s to allow them to be presented to future generations. (iv) To encourage young people by giving them access to individuals, information and inspiration that is unattainable elsewhere.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

When my wife and I decided to take a Caribbean Cruise last year, we looked up attractions on each island. In St Maarten, my wife found "That Yoda Guy". At first, I thought...yeah right...a Star Wars, special effects attraction in the Caribbean. HOWEVER, being the Star Wars Fan that I am, I had to check it out. Impressed I was!!! There were many more artifacts, movie scripts (even Star Wars drafts of earlier movie versions then I expected. Nick Maley couldn't have been more delightful, caring and knowledgeable. He posed for numerous pictures with kids, and adults plus signed autographs on anything you purchased.

The museum tour was well worth my time even though I was in the Caribbean! Several DVD movies would play describing many pieces nick had designed or collected over the years. Out of the five islands we visited, for me, this was the best attraction I spent time in.

Highly recommended for kids of all ages!!!