“Just love the Yoda guy”

and up
Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit Tour in St Maarten
Ranked #3 of 56 things to do in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit, nestled amongst Front Street's duty free jewelry stores, is possibly the most surprising enterprise in the Caribbean. Who would expect to find Darth Vader, Pinhead from HELLRAISER and Riddley Scott's ALIEN in St Maarten? But this unprecedented showcase has that and a whole lot more. There are displays that span six decades of movie making, relics from THE TERMINATOR, MEN IN BLACK and even THE MALTISE FALCAN. There's also an incredible collection of lifecasts, the actual faces of Hollywood stars, From Bogart & Brando, though Sean Connery & Jack Nicholson to Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp & Angelina Jolle. The collection is extended to include famous historical figures too… the actual faces of Abraham Lincoln, (cast 3 months before his assassination), Benjamin Franklin and George Washington, (cast in. 1778 and 1783 respectively by french sculptor Jean Antoine Houden), and death masks of both Oliver Cromwell, (1658) and Vladimir Lenin (1924). The Exhibit is the brainchild of Hollywood creature effects wizard Nick Maley, known as "that Yoda Guy" for his contribution to the creation of Yoda for the STAR WARS sagas. If you don't know who Nick is, just google his name. He made over 50 movies, including SUPERMAN, HIGHLANDER, KRULL & LIFEFORCE, worked with Hollywood legends like Sean Connery, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Harrison Ford, (you will see them all in the exhibit), was featured in CINEMAX and HBO specials, won a place in THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS and was nominated for an EMMY. Nick shares his professional perspective on the making of famous movies via DVD and, if you are lucky enough to find him there, he will dedicate purchases from the Yoda Guy Shop and do photos with customers. The Shop sells signed movie memorabilia, posters, antique STAR WARS comics, behind the scene photos and storyboards… unique autographed slices of STAR WARS history that become a legacy to pass on through the family. There's also Nick's celebrated Caribbean artwork, (exhibited in galleries in 18 countries and toured the world with UNESCO. Nick and his wife Gloria have created the Yoda Guy Movie Museum Foundation, a not for profit group to oversee the Exhibit's development. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to support the museum and visit a STAR WARS celebrity. It is recommended on all major cruise lines as a MUST SEE for art and movie fans.
Quebec, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Just love the Yoda guy”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I took my first cruise to the Caribbean in 2006, and stopped in St Marteen.

We found this little shop in an alley called The Yoda Guy by chance.
We had the chance to meet Nick Maley on site, and purchased one of his wonderful watercolor and a sketch of Yoda.

I took my third cruise in February 2014, stopping again in St Marteen and I knew I just had to go back. Especially since my current boyfriend and step kids absolutely love anything Star Wars.
The Yoda Guy moved to a new location since my first time there, which is bigger.
Unfortunately, I did not have enougn time to go through the exhibit ( yes, I will have to go back) but lucky me, Nick Maley was on site again.

He helped me pick out the perfect gifts for my loved ones, took a picture with me and wrote a note and signed on both sketches for me.

So if you do go to St Marteen, take a few minutes to stop at the Yoda Guy.
So worth it, especially if you or someone you know is a Star Wars fan.
I know I will go back for sure.

Visited February 2014

“Really Cool”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really enjoyed meeting Nick Maley and seeing the exhibits. Getting a picture with him and an autograph from him made it amazing. He is very inspiring.

Visited July 2014
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Didn't Live Up to Expectations”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I went to the Yoda Guy last week with very high hopes. We only stayed for about 15 minutes. There wasn't much to see. The woman who worked there was on the phone the whole time and didn't even acknowledge us. We looked around a little bit and then moved on. If you are in town, stop in, but don't expect this to be the highlight of your day.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Lynda F
Palo Alto, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Interesting attraction”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you are a fan of Star Wars and special effects stuff this attraction might interest you. You get to see actual material and props from movies and even talk to one of the persons who actually worked in these films.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ochump
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Highlight in St Maarten”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Could not believe it!! Star Wars in St Maarten. I had my wife to thank for noticing this exhibition as I had (quite unusually) been distracted by the shopping. But this is something that I count as the definite highlight for us three, especially my daughter and my self. There is only so much shopping or swimming that one could do, so this was a pleasant surprise. It was great to meet Nick and learn more of what happens behind the scenes of the special effects world. The entry price was very reasonable, and we received that back after purchasing (voluntarily) two small pieces of work. It was sensational to meet a legend of special effects. And Krull, I remember seeing this movie many years ago ... quite enjoyed it back then ... not sure what I'd think now ... but I'm planning on watching it again (three decades after seeing it the first time) once we get back to Australia.

Visited June 2014